Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still can't believe Taylor forced a fumble that was recovered for a 30 yard touchdown in 2018

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Last 13 years of UT football all wrapped up in one play.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is going to be a grown man football game. Kirby Smart is not a grown man.

I'm going with the coach that's never lost to Butch.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've had a few make a statement opportunity games under him and we've looked awful in all of them.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I really think something snapped in Pruitt after the Bama game last year.

justingroves likes this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We have the best roster we've had so far under Pruitt. The OL is one of the best in the country. Been a while since we've had one this good. The defense will be close to full strength with Bryce Thompson healthy and Shamburger back.
    Hope we can stop the run and put Bennet in obvious passing downs and make him beat us.
    JG definitely is cause for concern, but my hope is we come up with some huge plays in this game from other people, kind of like the USCe game went last year. Blocked punt, punt return for TD, etc. We'll find out soon enough.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. Nothing groundbreaking here, but I think it may be more about what we don't do. We can't turn the ball over. JG has to continue to protect the ball. We can't give Georgia short fields or defensive/special teams points.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"Get your shit, get on the bus...we ain't losing another [uck fay]ing game" was his post game speech. Tennessee hasn't lost

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just Florida twice and Vanderbilt once

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I wouldn’t put those two Florida games in the same status. To me the gap is much closer now and this game is actually nationally relevant.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

realistically, we have been and continue to be underdogs against quality teams. acting like Pruitt has done anything but improve this program up to this point is not in keeping with reality.

I think we can win this game, but don't get it twisted that we ought to.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah this isn't a Butch vs Florida 2014 situation.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Dooley vs UF 2012

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Butch vs Oklahoma 2015

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just because, I'm reposting this. The editing on this deserves an Academy Award.

justingroves likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The first Florida game felt like it because we thought we were better and Florida was worse than we/they actually were. And honestly I’m not sure that was even poorly coached, we just couldn’t hold on to the damn ball.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1:44 is gold.

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

This game will be 2004 all over again. Same place, same underdog status, same weather, same [uck fay]ing result.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    MaconVol and A-Smith like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Our all time record against them is embarrassing. It’s a pity we didn’t even once play them from 1938-1967

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last three times Tennessee played in Athens ranked, Tennessee won