Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Volshaw

Volshaw New Member

Jg has to go. Sorry I believe in simplicity. He is the human version of aids. I feel sorry for people who like him.

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

We weren’t going 10-0. Bama looks beatable tonight, especially at home. UF’s defense is soft. We are still alive.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I tend to agree with this sentiment. He was responsible for a lot of turnovers on our side of the field, and completely shifting the pressure in the game. Had he just taken two sacks instead of fumbling twice, Tennessee punts and likely we still have the lead deep into the 3rd, with UGA's offense having been snuffed. They hardly moved the ball after those fumbles, they were just already in or near FG range. And from there, it is a different game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We are what we are and I like who we are (minus the obvious). My only fear regarding this team is that we will peak too early but I think we will be just fine. So many positives today that I refuse to lose any sleep over JG. Pruitt is getting peak effort from guys that all of us were ready to cut bait on years ago. I love a team that gets after it on every down.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Swap JG and Bennett and we win the football game.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I am not at all convinced that’s true. Bennett had a lot of clean pockets, and they were teeing off on JG. It would’ve been close deep into the 4th, but Bennett isn’t putting up many points on that defense.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bennett is a bum too.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bennet also hits his back foot and steps up in the pocket with a plan or makes a play, vs drifting back right into the DE. Can JG not duck a shoulder and step inside the rush like every other decwnt qb?

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Gotta beat UK.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

GA was smart on defense.

They didn’t honor JG at all on run plays and crashed down hard and blitzed him without fear of him scrambling out of the pocket in the second half to take away the deep ball.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I expect them to be pissed off from yesterday and take it out on UK.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Did I hear correctly yesterday that this year doesn't count against eligibility and in theory JG could be our QB again next year?

upload_2020-10-11_10-26-21.gif

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Disagree. I don't see how we win that even with Peyton back there the way they whipped us up front. And Bennett wasn't even really that great. He was just good enough. He reminds me of Daryl Dickey in 1985. In a vacuum, he's nothing special. But when paired with the surrounding talent, he's adequate for what they need. Georgia might win the SEC just by being the only team with a defense. I'm stunned at how soft Bama and Florida look on that side of the ball now.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yes.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He will just enter the draft IMO. I don't think he has much to gain by coming back or playing at another school.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Our o-line got whipped continously. JG is JG.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The offense is going to go where the o-line takes it. We don't have enough or any game changing dynamic players to overcome the o-line getting whipped.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Palmer needs about 4 seconds