UGA thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 10, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they won half a super bowl

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, we beat half an UGA. Means [uck fay]-all.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

thanks for explaining the joke for everybody

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

NCIPPOTD

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who can tell which of your posts are deliberate jokes?

A-Smith, Ssmiff and utvol0427 like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Ryan is in solid withe 2nd tier QBs. He's very good, he's just not in the elite group and his window is closing.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hm. Turns out Georgia doesn't have the best defense of all time, and The Mailman is garbage. Hm.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Alabama is going to hang 50 on us. Probably by the end of the third quarter. It’s going to be a long bye week.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

No. We will scrap out a 17 pt loss and everyone back on the Pruitt train ... except me. He’s Gary Barnett

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looking more like Carol Burnett today

11. Tar Volon

If we’re competitive into the 4th quarter and end up losing by three scores (basically, repeat of last year), it’ll certainly make a more pleasant week than this one. Honestly I just want to look competent enough that I believe that a 3-2 finish is actually on the table, because going into the back half of the season debating between 3-7 and 4-6 just sounds miserable.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think we will play very well and energized because I refuse to believe that Pruitt is so sorry that he won't handle JG and the offense this week. I am an optimist though

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He’s a clown. No coach worth his salt looks like that in year 3.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The only thing I can see as a valid excuse is covid.

I think that they followed the covid contact tracing guidelines and a lot of players haven't practiced much. I highly doubt that most schools were as cautious as Pruitt.

I also think losing coach Fitz at the beginning of the pandemic is potentially a huge reason we're seeing what we're seeing. I doubt the guy we replaced him with is going to be there long.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy that replaced him has bee his right hand man for years, he runs damn near the exact same program

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The biggest S&C problem is the quarantine guidelines and screwed up off season. Normally there's 3 full weeks off from January 15th to now S&C wise.

Friend isn't a very good oline coach

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got to get a qb and an oline coach worth a shit. This is year 3, it should already be done

Tar Volon likes this.
  18. Tar Volon

I’m more inclined to forgive the first because I think he might’ve had something in Maurer before all the injuries. Don’t understand why he’s still pretending Friend is a top-tier line coach. I know they’re friends, but you’ve gotta face reality

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Friend leaving is fine, but any OL with immobility, unawareness and inability to step into or slide out of the pocket at the qb position is going to look worse. Run blocking is fine. Then they pin their ears back with no worry of half an offensive playbook and makes OL job harder. Tackles are getting beat, but all day yesterday and today, tackles will get beat. Good qbs slide up or under and buy time. Others fade back deeper and take a sack or throw an INT. For 5 [uck fay]ing years

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You would think S&C is simply formulaic, but I’m not completely sure it is. There is a motivational and disciplinarian aspect to it too I think. The best trainers seem to do both