Jimmy Brumbaugh fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Big O, Oct 19, 2020.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In the press conference he said he knew what to do about the defense. I guess we see what that is

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Attached Files:

A-Smith likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah not saying I completely buy it. At least he is flailing away at changes.

Seems like he has higher standards and demands for the defense than the offense though

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

but only 4 games in, with no elite dudes? There must be more to this, particularly with that 830k buyout figure being reported.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Im hearing it was a heated argument and Brumbaugh said "your ritard at qb is the [uck fay]ing problem" and pruitt fired him as well as promoted jg to speed and agility coach.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's "retard". You look mentally challenged when you misspell it.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

no its ri because you can say ri and not offend, according to Alan

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm beginning to think Pruitt may live up to my Coach Gomer nickname. Jesus - listening to that press conference - he's going to start JG against Bama. His damn hardheadedness about this guy is actually going to completely make him a heel to the entire fanbase. If he trots out 2 to start at QB Saturday he will have more go home heat than Hogan did the night he joined the nWo.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with him being offered up as a sacrificial lamb to Alabama and then using the bye week to get Harrison Bailey ready. I'm also okay if he leaves campus today never to return.

RevBubbaFlavel and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd rather us punt every first down against Alabama than Guarantano take another snap as QB at Tennessee.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was really hoping he would grad transfer after 2018

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I just hope he goes away and I never have to hear his name again. We wake up tomorrow, he's not in Knoxville, and everyone acts like he never existed.

13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Basketball will be here soon.

2Maggitt2Quit and A-Smith like this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

knowing our luck he’ll grad transfer to OU, win the Big 12 next year, then go on to become the next Pat Mahomes, then we’ll have to watch VolTwitter retweet every highlight for the next decade and talk about how Pruitt wasted a hall of fame talent.

justingroves likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Never gonna happen. I doubt he even gets a training camp invitation.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Rick really needs to go undefeated against UK before I go back up there to visit

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Put the Freshman QB/WR in at wildcat and just run option offense with 7 oline all game with occasional throw over the top.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I didn’t turn on any more football after our game this weekend, but Alabama’s defense doesn’t seem to be their usual “sacrificial lamb” standard.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll crush Guarantano because he plays like a robot

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm afeared Saban will be able to pick his score.