Jimmy Brumbaugh fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Big O, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m just not sure it’s going to ruin Bailey for life throwing him in that game.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Oh they’ll hang 50 if they want to, but I don’t think they’re going to treat our offensive line like Georgia did.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we commit to running the ball we could possibly keep it from being embarassing I guess

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We may shorten the game some. Until the QB draws respect its gonna be difficult to just line up and run it at good defenses. Bama is not UGA on defense but if they want to clog it up they re plenty good enough to do that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

No reason to get your hopes up. Massacre coming. I feel for the fans and players. The 14 year shit show that continues to break records.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Me either.

I dont have a problem playing 2 (QBs) for the first half and going from there.

I think (hope) Bailey just takes the job at some point but he needs more patience than normal given the offseason.

utvol0427 and Tar Volon like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Bailey to start Saturday, I just don't think he will.

8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Peyton had a first play. It’s not like Bailey has never seen a blitz before. He’s gotta start some time, start him at bama, it just gets easier from there.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So Pruitt is going to coach defensive line now. That man will be so hyper fixated on that that he will forget to even watch when the offense has it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

jealous?

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Worm is really about to turn on Pruitt. To'o To'o put a crossed fingers emoji and a picture of Bailey as his Instagram story a couple of hours ago. When the players turn on you it's going to get ugly, fast.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess the wording is weird.

Anyway, multiple times I’ve seen Pruitt not into the game when we had the ball because he was trying to fix the defense. I bet this amplifies that

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got a 1.5 million dollar OC for a reason.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Can you provide me proof they've turned on him?

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah that sounds great on paper. Guess I’m now to the part where I’m done implicitly trusting that there is a method to the madness. Same with the S&C situation

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's not any

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If the 1.5 million dollar OC can't run a few drives without Pruitt telling him what to do, maybe it's time to change. I think the qb position is the root problem on offense, which still falls at Pruitt's feet.

If Bailey or Salter aren't solid qbs, everyone gets fired.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I feel like somehow Weinke is flying under the radar in all of this.

Memtownvol, AbeFroman and IP like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know shit, however I have not found this to be a barrier to posting on sports boards. they have to simplify things for JG. break things down into small "if, then" reads. The Crompton treatment. I know they say he practices great, but it is clear as day that when the pressure of the moment and spotlight is on, he is overwhelmed and not reacting instinctively.

I am no football guru, but I do have expertise in getting the yips and that sweet summer child yips under pressure.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney has made a lot of trainwreck QBs serviceable over his career. I believe Guarantano is past the point of helping.

He got Nathan Peterman drafted!

Memtownvol and Beechervol like this.