As seen on the internet...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by warhammer, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This is a long held pet peeve of mine (pun intended). Our female was about six inches long hiding under my son's pickup when I got home from church. About two years later we decided she needed a companion to settle her down. She is the most hyper dog I have seen. We went to the shelter in Johnson City and looked at all the dogs on the "in danger list". Which meant, if there were still too many dogs for the space by next week, the excess would be euthanized. We picked what was described as a part Lab, part Huskey (different colored eyes and a tail that curled over it's back.) He got written up on the website for Purina Dog Food as their success story of the month. That's where we saw him before we went to the shelter. I swear he seemed to know what was at stake, and was absolutely perfect in his demeanor around other dogs and cats. Heeled perfectly when walked on a leash. Then when home, the Lab in him came out. Master excavator, leaky mouth, sheds about ten pounds of fur a day, etc.

My grandfather was an avid bird hunter and always had working pure bred bird dogs, but like you say, otherwise why spend the bucks?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pound dogs generally make good dogs. It's like they realize what could have happened to them. That or they're grateful to get the hell out of there.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Tasteless Gentlemen

All you need on the interwebz

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife is pregnant with #3. My lab follows her around like her shadow. If she's sitting on the couch, he's laying at her feet. If she's in the kitchen, he's sitting beside her. If she's in bed, he's laying on the floor at the foot of it.

When both of my boys were born, he would lay beside the bassinet and then eventually sleep by the door of their bedrooms. After about 3 months, he goes back to his normal bed. It's pretty cool that he's that protective.

This is one of the most laid back labs ever, but let someone he doesn't know come up with my wife or the kids in the house. He will attempt to eat you. He didn't do that until my wife was pregnant with #1. If you tell him it's okay, he goes right back to wagging his tail and licking you to death.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

YES!

I've had a German shepherd, yellow lab, Alaskan malamute, and a lab/Great Dane mix. I HATE little dogs. Want a small animal in the house? Get a cat. At least you don't have to let them outside,they shit and piss in a designated place designed for that and then they cover it up. Sure, cats are aloof and pretentious, but so are little dogs in their own way. If I ever get another dog, I'm getting one of the kings of big dogs, a mastiff or Irish wolf hound.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Malamutes fit this description as well. You didn't mess with anyone in my family when I had my malamute.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's a good dog.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Memphis...
    [video=youtube;7NDdjQk-hDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDdjQk-hDo&sns=em[/video]

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I can live without that knowledge.

But what idiot films himself doing this?

Oh, and Memphis.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Quite the eclectic Facebook marketplace ad.

Edit: You have to click it to fully appreciate it.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope this is true simply for the humor... Kid wants Mine Craft for his birthday and Dad does not quite understand.

CardinalVol likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

unimane: origins

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

LOL.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Anyone interested in some Used, Like New apparel? I mean it says it's not been worn, but still. Used..