POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't fathom the allure of Biden/Harris. She is a first class [itch bay] and he's done nothing in his career as a politician.

Trump is a pompous jackass that isn't likeable.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. Yang was my guy.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In the words of Pruitt, those people don't work there anymore.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Where are you getting this from, particularly the Biden team polling?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will say this though, there is no cult forming around Biden like Trump has. There are honest to God people that believe Trump was sent here by God to save America from satan worshipping pedophiles

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there are a lot of stories that describe it more as don't get complacent and not comforting those who fear a 2016esque change in polling. if you were a conservative, you could call that unease. it definitely isn't confidence.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is anyone legitimately excited about the Biden/Harris ticket? What percentage of the people voting for them fall into the “I don’t really like Biden, but at least he’s not Trump” category?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, I get the same. I'm just trying to put my innate bias in check and see if I'm missing an angle.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is also the factor of increased mail-in votes, which have always had some margin culled for signature reasons, envelope reasons, just not getting there in time, etc. That's going to disproportionately affect blue this time. The margins are so small, it could make a difference in some places. I guess I just don't know how to gauge such small margins within such large populations. I chuckle when folks on here talk about their personal knowledge of a few individuals who are in a particular demographic as if it means anything at all. It doesn't. I'm a white heterosexual male, demographics are not compelling me to vote a particular way either. Just as important as who votes is who doesn't, as well. That's probably what hurt Clinton the most. Will it happen to Biden? I think it happened to Clinton at the last minute, so I can't rule it out.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A friend of mine that spends a lot of time in Detroit told me the other day that it's all Trump around that area. That really surprised me.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yang or Tulsi would have this wrapped up. Imo

justingroves likes this.
  12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I currently live in the suburbs ~20 miles North and its pretty split, I expect Biden to win here. Also living in a swing state is hell, 70% of ads I see on TV are political.

fl0at_ likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm sure you get a flood of political shit. My friend lives in Royal Oaks but spends most of his time in the city working on a Dan Gilbert startup. He is not a fan of Trump at all so I was surprised when he told me everyone he talks to is all Trump. He hates it.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont know of anybody from here to Memphis who has had to take more than 20 minutes to vote.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Live right. Yikes

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Most of the people I talk to are all Trump, but that is more of a function of the people I talk to, than Trump's widespread support.

17. fl0at_

I pulled out of the Wendy's drive thru this weekend, because they asked me to wait, and took 2 minutes.

20 minutes to vote, no thank you.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You must talk to a bunch of racist assholes.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You hunt?

20. fl0at_

Not when I can help it. But when I have to, I play the role of the dog. And duck hunting where I hunt is more like calling and shooting than hunting.