Guarantano

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2020.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The good news is we replaced the dline coach so all our issues have been solved.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If Guarantano starts, I want him to do whatever is necessary to get him out of the game as quickly as possible. Every snap he takes is a disservice to the program.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can appreciate the quick hook on a lazy coach, but then why was he hired at all?

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm half expecting us to play our best game of the year tomorrow.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm way past moral victories though. Not saying you will be happy, just talking in general.

Year three, we should be going into this game salivating at ending this [uck fay]ing streak.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Every time I think something like this, they break my Vol heart

IP likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No, I won't be happy unless we win. I guess if they play Bailey and he looks good I will be hopeful--not sure if that constitutes a moral victory.

IP likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I forgot, and someone reminded me today, that Urban stopped recruiting JG when JG threatened to slap his Mom on his visit to OSU.

Maybe you have to threaten to kill your mom to meet Urban's standard or JG was too crazy for Urban, but either way it happened.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You say that now but even when he does the bare minimum, the performance is always coupled with those doofy expressions and his signature shit ass attitude.

justingroves likes this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

This is weird. Trey Wallace said yesterday JG/Maurer were splitting first team reps and then Bailey was taking what was left for “2nd” team reps.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You gotta remember that all the info is going to be second hand considering how that no one is allowed to watch practice.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. His ceiling is survival, and his baseline is catastrophe. Every snap he takes is an unforced error.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

put this on the book jacket for the JG story novelization. Call it "Overthrow: Broadway to Hell".

5 years. 4 offensive coordinators. 3 backups he was pulled for. 2 is the number he wears and what he does on the field. 1 career. Zero chance.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I want to play JG in poker. Think i got him

15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Don't forget the overpass they will name after him.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Ouch haha

17. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You're safe.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's easy to make a mistake in evaluating and hiring. It's hard to fix that mistake. Looks like Pruitt can handle the hard part even if it looks bad on him. I respect that. Now make better hires.

19. VOLinDAWGland

Or Urban got around to watching some film. If he really wanted JG he'd brush off the incident as "he demonstrates the type of intensity and leadership that can win a championship".

20. VOLinDAWGland

JG fatigue syndrome. It's a thing.