Guarantano

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2020.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

It’s going to be miserable until we hire someone who can recruit, coach up players, and make decisions that are in the best interest of winning each weeks game.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thing is, he knows he has the golden parachute and then he can get him a sweet, sweet DC gig somewhere making a cool mill a year.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah he’s not worried about that money. It’s already in his pocket

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hes not gonna need that chute for awhile either.

They ve coached the last 6 quarters like they know it too.

Hes making recruiting more difficult by the week.

They lose to Arky in 2 weeks and they may not win another game.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wonder how many 3rd down conversions we would have this year with Maurer back there, compared to JG. His feet are a weapon and would help rbs too by being a threat

awebb7 likes this.
  6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

No. QB isn’t allowed to move. Actually a flag to even step up in the pocket.

right?

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You would think that was sarcasm.

I didn't listen to the post game, but apparently that was considered our best offensive performance of the season.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was, I figured the guy working for the University of Tennessee on Saturdays may have some inside info. He didn't

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well, not sure I agree, but it’s a philosophy that I can at least understand.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

We’re screwed.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I understand the reasoning as you can't have a team of kids who arent getting on the field, yet performing better in practice.
    I also understand needing to adapt when necessary and some kids just don't have feel when the lights turn on. Yes JG had 2 or 3 good deep throws yesterday. Yay. He also had us walking off the field over and over with green turf in front of him to run but chose 100 mph staring throws to unopen wrs and dbs already breaking on the route.
    I wish Maurer hadn't had issues, and on his only run yesterday he almost got himself hurt again. I wanted him to come in as a freshman and win the job. Imo our offensive energy would be up, we would have longer drives, more 3rd down conversions instead of throwing stick routes on most of our 3rd and mediums, and more rest for our D, which is the worst defense between the hashes in the passing game I've ever seen.
    Vs Ky, Running the ball all game, some rpo stuff with Maurer, rollouts and few deep throws and we beat Ky instead of getting blown out.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except it only seems to pertain to the qb spot

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I heard and analyst describe JG's instincts like this yesterday.....

Watch other QBs; they anticipate where their receiver will be and throw the ball before the receiver makes their cut and looks for the ball. JG waits for the receiver to turn around and look at him before releasing the ball; giving DBs time to recover.

Memtownvol and hohenfelsvol like this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

My belief in that actually happening is just about non-existent.

We're a complete mess in the national mindset. Coaches like Dooley, Jones and Pruitt initially look like they'll be successful but seem to get burned out and quit.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Dooley ever looked successful

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I will always wonder how great Tyler Bray could have turned out if he was under a competent coaching staff.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I could understand it if JG was a Jr. But he's a senior, won't be here next year, and is a big part of our brain dead offense. This year is lost, gone, over - develop for next year you sorry sack of shit.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I had the same feeling about Butch. It’s not fair to judge a guy based on the way he looks, but from the first time I saw that dude I pegged him for a hanger on, over his head, loser. He could recite the lingo, but had no idea how to materialize those thoughts into success. He coached like 7th graders play Madden.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It is a legitimate possibility he is back next year.