The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They arent the same type people imo and i dont see pruitt as a man who tries to bury kids careers along the way in some sabotage deal.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt cares about the guys he recruits. Hell, he was in church with Mecole Hardman's family when he learned UGA fired everyone. He stayed through the service and told his family UGA was still his best choice

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

What sucks about Pruitt is, he’ll slide right back into a major DC position after getting fired here, probably in Gainesville or Baton Rouge or something, and we’ll have to watch him kick our ass every for another 5-10 years.

utvol0427 and Tar Volon like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

...with dbs faster than our wrs and lbs who can take down our rbs solo in space

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Speaking of linebackers...WTF are we doing.

Aside from 11, we suck. And our prized guys aren’t developing or panning out.

JJ Peterson is a tub of shit who’s never seen the field. Crouch is a former #1 overall recruit, who looks like a million bucks and plays like a sock full of nickels. Jeremy Banks has more personal fouls than solo tackles on the year.

What the [uck fay].

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Peterson isn't even on campus right now

7. juicemane

juicemane Member

What makes you say that? I think they were rolling with Mauer last year until he kept falling on his head, so they’ve shown that they’re willing to go with a guy even if he’s not necessarily ready for it.

I can see the logic in playing JG against bama, but I just can’t see any logical reason to play him from this point on unless injuries force your hand.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Based on what we've seen this year, they were going to pull Mauer at the first opportunity and were only playing him to show everyone how smart they were for sticking with JG.

9. juicemane

juicemane Member

I dunno, they started him vs KY after he had been pulled from 3 different games for head injuries. He ended up getting pulled from that game because we couldn’t get anything going, but they seemed pretty dead set on sticking with him for awhile there.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I couldn't see the logic on letting him start against UK. I don't know why he was on the field after the Shrout interception last week. I don't know why you continue to play him if you aren't going to run a functional offense. No amount of perfect practice reps make up for his in game shortcomings.

Pruitt is being hard headed and refuses to change his "plan" even though his "plan" is costing him his job.

I will be shocked, barring injury or Guarantano just quitting, if anything changes until another catastrophic meltdown at the qb spot.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yeah, Guarantano is 100% the starter at Arkansas. They named him Player of the Game on the Pruitt show this morning. He’s the dude until he throws away another game, which is inevitable.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

True. I'd forgotten about that which makes them look even worse.

Seriously, if Chaney is being forced to play JG, he should quit just on principle.

justingroves likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is why Fulmer is either going to step in and force a change or he's going to end up being shit canned in the next 15 months with this entire group of idiots.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won't and if he does Pruitt will quit

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Thats looking like a decision with zero downside right now.

A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Except for the whole seven-year deal for Doug Maronne thing

justingroves likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our best recruiter is not a very good coach.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We don't have to return to the Haslam timeline if Pruitt can just muster an ounce of leadership in the next two weeks. I don't have any faith in that though as he once again has not missed the opportunity to be super critical of everyone except JG following another Saturday afternoon ass kicking where he conceded the W before the ball was even kicked off. Seriously, if Fulmer has any respect for Pruitt, he tells him what he needs to hear even if he believes that the outcome is the possibility of Fulmer finishing the season as the interim coach.

19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Perhaps the silver lining will be the university will finally conclude hiring an established proven head coach is worth paying for. That finding that diamond in the rough coordinator for discount prices is darn near impossible, and the way they conduct interview processes at UTK is a dry hole. While we’re on our wish list how bout a recruiter who also can discern bad character and no heart 4 star players. Crap, who am I kidding it’s gonna suck any way it goes.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Sounds like the problem is Tennessee, then.