Pruitt Gets To Do What He Does Best This Week...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 24, 2020.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Didn't even watch the game today... had a great Saturday.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Although I’d be even more concerned about his inability to find good staff. Hiring well is part of the job. It can even turn a formerly mediocre guy into the head of a dynasty. Shuffling a little bit here and there makes sense, either to clean up misses or because your hits are getting promoted, but Pruitt has to find good people and hold onto them.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got good coaches, for the most part.

Ansley is good to great everywhere he's been.

Chaney, good to great everywhere he's been.

Graham, good to great everywhere he's been

Tee, great recruiter good coach

Osovet is a great offensive mind, I personally believe he should be the qb coach. These tight ends are still in the jumbo receiver mode Butch recruited.

Brumbaugh was a mistake, obviously

Felton has a good resume leading up to his on the field job here. He's pretty much focused strictly on pass rushing, after two weeks he had the SEC leader in sacks. It's been non existent against the two best olines Tennessee has faced. I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's got to get more out of everybody not named DeAndre Johnson

Niedermeyer's linebackers look lost on passing plays. Where's Eason and Solon Page? Crouch still doesn't look comfortable at linebacker either.

Friend and Weinke aren't good coaches. They should have been upgraded this off season. They weren't good when they were hired, but Pruitt had about 9 days to assemble a staff.

Now, this off season was a cluster[uck fay] for everyone. The only team that looks good is Alabama week in and week out, the rest have all been up and down.

There's quite a few issues on this team, but communication and organization seem to be the two biggest, to go along with not playing a qb you trust to throw on 3rd and 5

awebb7 likes this.
  4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

If we fire Pruitt this year (for on the field reasons) it will remove all doubt that this university system is run by a wild pack of morons. We’ll make Auburn look like Oxford.

Memtownvol, cotton and IP like this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Hell @Lexvol, Pruitt isn't giving his boss many options when the best way to surmise yesterday afternoon was an out-and-out display of cowardice.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think all the outrage is still really about the KY loss. That...and people are just tired of #2.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. There was really no excuse for that loss (and it’s not Pruitt’s first inexcusable loss), but all yesterday did was fail to give us a reason to stop talking the way we were after last week. It’s going to be a long bye week, but if he handles the mid-tier SEC West like he has the last two years (which I don’t think is likely, but I didn’t think it likely the last two years either), we’ll be back to the hype train again by December.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I expected us to look like a football team against Georgia and Bama at the beginning of the season. We don’t and are worse than last year in almost every phase of the game.

TDVol1989, reVOLt and **TDCVOL** like this.
  9. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think your expectations were too high because we missed spring ball. As soon as that happened we were stuck. Right or wrong, Pruitt is too stubborn to play the talent until they show out in practice.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. juicemane

juicemane Member

Not just spring ball...half the team missed half of fall camp. Seems like everyone kind of forgot about that after we started 2-0

Memtownvol and ptclaus98 like this.
  11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Seems like most teams are better at snapping the ball than us. Must be all that practice we missed that every other team got to have.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. juicemane

juicemane Member

I don’t recall hearing about any other SEC teams having any where close to 40+ guys out for contact tracing during camp. Maybe I missed something tho

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So only TN was affected by Covid? Well sounds very Butch-ish

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Everybody else has a Republican head coach and Pruitt's out here following the contact tracing rules.

15. juicemane

juicemane Member

MTGA

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like a non-insignificant percentage of coaches prefer players from whom they know what they are going to get, even if they know what they are going to get sucks