Expectations/Predictions for 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we convert that 4th and 1 at the beginning of the second half, I honestly think we win. They definitely made some adjustments on offense and maybe they get us anyways, but if we keep running down their throats and make it 17-14, *all* the pressure goes on them.

justingroves likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Missouri was a walk, but SC was a struggle with zero turnovers. SC turned it over twice, and Missouri did once I believe. If you oversimplify it, that's were we are. They need to be turnover free and get a gift or two along the way to beat the middle and the dregs of the SEC. If the turnover margin against SC was in the negative or just even or +1, that's likely a loss. Missouri was just bad that day, but it's at least a closer game. We would probably be looking at 1-3 without playing turnover free on offense the first two games.

IP likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At this point the goal for the season is to have Bailey playing well by the end of it

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Spot on. We head into our bye 2-3, now let's prep another QB and finish 5-5.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

With last week’s shit show, my expectations were very good for us to put together a few good drives and possible few touchdowns on Bama, I was mistaken or stuck on stupid!

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Moral victories offend most fans, but considering the talent gap between us and the Sabanites as well as the latest redonkulous performance.....a good fight at least to the 3rd quarter would please me.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's apparently to double down on him, run on 3rd and long and admit defeat 7 minutes into a ball game

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If I'm Fulmer, I do two things today. The first of which I'm sure he's already done which is meet with Pruitt and tell him that he's going to need to make changes whether he wants to or not. The second thing is to have an all hands on deck meeting with the rest of Pruitt's staff where they are told

1. that based on their body of work, not a single one of them should expect to do more in their careers than make the minimum as a get-back coach at Arkansas State.

2. That the checks have been cut for their buyouts.

And

3. That if any of them truly want to stay at this level of the coaching profession, that these last 5 games are going to be a fantastic opportunity to prove it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This is the reason you guys will never/can't run a multi million dollar program. I respect everyone's opinion on here but this is just dumb. Pruitt isn't getting fired this year. Were not buying out the entire coaching staff and replacing them when monetarily this year was always going to be a loss because of the pandemic.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt is probably safe until mid season 2022. If Bailey or Salter are worth a damn, we're probably pretty happy by then anyways.

Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cant get over how bad lbs have been tackling and coverage. Even #11.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Is this the storm before the calm?

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope so. I want to eat a big fat plate of crow with a side of crow.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Possibly, but really only Dabo has had a miserable year 3 and turned things around to a level we all want

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

So you're saying there's a chance

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They motion a receiver into the backfield to get him one on one with a linebacker and he's got no help.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, just expect a coaching search

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The difference between Pruitt and the last two is I don't want Pruitt to die in a car fire

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Short of Pruitt getting caught in bed with Vicki, he ain't getting fired this year. If for no other reason than if there is a more stubborn human being that Pruitt, it's his boss.

I am personally not expecting anything until 2023 unless it really goes south.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fulmer definitely isn't going to be quick to pull the trigger. Pruitt is going to have plenty of time to either get things right or properly run this thing into the ground.