POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Biden camp still seems very worried about PA.

I can’t tell if it’s because they know it is the most important state for them and they refuse to let down their guard or if the internal polls really are bad.

4. fl0at_

Biden can't win without PA, I don't believe. Or at least, it is very very much more difficult to win without PA.

Kinda like FL for Trump.

5. TennTradition

They are claiming their PA internals aren’t good. I just can’t tell if it’s mind tricks or not.

I’m leaning toward mind tricks given they are spending time in GA and TX this week but maybe not.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, I get the Biden feed on my Facebook and they purposely choose the closest polls possible, no matter the merit of the poll, to keep people from being complacent (and to keep the donations flowing). They know they are sitting well in Pennsylvania.

I'll say this, too, I might actually be able to buy the idea Texas goes for Biden even if Florida does not. They are having massive numbers of new voters in a state where Beto gave Cruz a run for it in 2018 and a good deal of the new voters seem to be women and young voters. They are looking at 2-3 million more voters than in 2016. Florida, on the other hand, still looks promising for Biden, but Trump got a huge head start on voters, particularly in South Florida, and the Trump campaign has worked that state like their entire survival has depended on it. Plus, the state just has weird dynamics and demographics.

7. fl0at_

The Biden campaign has put out press that say they aren't doing well in Pennsylvania?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I saw a picture of a billboard in Texas saying "remember why you moved here when you vote". I don't know if it was photoshopped, but it's a very Texas thing to do

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

matthew mcconaughey told Rogan not to California his Texas when he moved to Texas.

10. TennTradition

They do spam Facebook with it for fundraising, as Uni indicated. But I’ve noticed a few other things. I’ve seen them saying PA is close, go vote. But more concerning is dem-sympathetic blue check marks on Twitter that I’ve seen say the Biden camp has told them they don’t like their internals there.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

early voting I think will carry him there but it will be close.

If you could change your vote, he could be in trouble. Apparently searching that after the last debate exploded especially in Pennsylvania

12. TennTradition

I'm sure that the discussion around fracking didn't help him in the debate. He got flustered and didn't articulate his point, which is not uncommon for him. Problem for Trump is it was one of the few times he was really able to get him there.

The fracking ban discussions are in the news for one reason - Pennsylvania, the single most important state in this cycle, IMO.

13. fl0at_

I see. So, not terribly reliable sources, but definitely not nothing.

So I guess when pitted against the, hopefully, rigorous methodology of public polling, I could see why blue check marks on twitter could cause someone to question... something.

14. Unimane

From what I understand, the discussion over fracking in Pennsylvania is overrated, not a big issue as purported for most voters in the state.

15. TennTradition

You only need to swing a small percentage of votes. My guess is we aren’t hearing so much about it if internals didn’t suggest it could be a useful wedge issue.

16. TennTradition

Some are, for example, questioning campaigning in GA and TX if the internals in PA are concerning.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I know the boilermaker union members weren't excited about it

18. Unimane

It accounts for less than 1% of the jobs in the state and polling in the state suggested it was more popular to end fracking than to end it than keep it. He's been consistently up by 7-9 points in the state and I'm not sure if the internals are suggesting this is much of a problem. Trump isn't always the most astute of what is relevant and important to people.

19. fl0at_

People in Texas and Georgia donate money, sometimes. Money that could then be re-directed to places like Pennsylvania. And all it took as an in person appearance?

20. Unimane

Joe's in Pennsylvania plenty. Going to Texas and Georgia forces him to play defense in places he doesn't want and those two states are, essentially, game over if Biden wins them. The GOP does not want to be in a world where Texas is not a given.