POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no corporate. The fact the number is a minor profit tells me that his accountants took every possible deduction and expense to get him there to avoid taxes. it's too coincidental for it to be a minor profit for a couple of years straight.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ah, ok. I'm not interested in corporate taxes. There isn't much new there, it seems.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You have to buy up. Buy down and you pay.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i know. it's still bs though.

5. Ssmiff

Yep. Im going thru it on a small scale right now. Bought a lot. Market went up. Selling lot and had great plans to buy a friends lot we liked better at a lower price and was gonna take the profits and put them right into new lot. Then my buddy informs me that since i was buying down, id owe about 35% capital gains tax. Utter horseshit.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Any bank worth a shit will want tax returns and a financial statement to get a loan done for a business owner.

droski likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you owned it over a year it shouldn't be higher than 20%.

8. Ssmiff

Bought in july pre market.

droski likes this.
  9. fl0at_

Right, except most banks worth a shit stopped doing business with Trump, probably because he wasn't providing what they needed. And Cohen, I think it was, put out the documents they filed for his loans, and they were a joke.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's no evidence that's true. it's highly probable he stopped using major banks because the russian banks among others were offering better terms because they wanted to do business with a well known person like trump.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. fl0at_

No, there are tons of reports out about banks not lending to Trump, not extending his loans, not working with him, and him suing them, even before his run for president.

From 2013: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/04/whats-the-deal-with-donald-trump/309261/

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't see anything concrete. if you have hard assets, like real estate. then you won't have problems getting loans from anyone. i believe he's a pain and people might not be giving him great terms, but i don't buy they wouldn't lend him money.

13. fl0at_

It's an article from 2013 talking about the same things that have been talked about forever: banks don't like him, investment firms don't like him, he inflates his worth, he sues at every turn, and he doesn't make good his obligations.

If it was just rate, there wouldn't be all these other things, that would be a bad look on the banks.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want to know how the NYT got these. They HAD to come from someone connected closely to him, like inside the TO, Mazars, or perhaps Cohen? It reads like they got enough to see the statements and detail of it. Man I want to know this.

15. Ssmiff

16. Ssmiff

Philly raised hell last night. Crazy cops killed a man attacking with a knife, so obviously its time to loot

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Never a time for looting

2) I heard the family called for help saying he was bipolar and going through a manic episode. Sending cops only equipped with guns screaming put down the knife was stupid. His brain was scrambled eggs at that moment. Might as well have been telling him to pull a bowling ball out of his ass. He could not comprehend either instruction.

3) 15 shots; really? I wonder if it were a pretty blond caucasian woman if they would have shot once, much less 15 times.

4) Shows the current systems inability to handle mental issues and why many people say to defund the police and use the funds to hire mental health professionals to respond to mental health issues. The man would probably be alive today if appropriate people responded.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

the looting is a shame and unjustified. And it takes focus off what happened and how it could be prevented

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Uninsured can seek mental help for free at certain centers btw.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

in context, this is one of the silliest posts I've seen in awhile.