VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think Alan should be forced to post on VN for the rest of the season so he can get a better understanding of Tennessee's fan base.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I glanced over there after the KY and Bama loss just to get a pulse of the fanbase. I couldn't stay too long. The stupidity over there started killing brain cells.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm overdue to go troll. I've not been there all season, but I just can't get up the gumption. Your description matches why I can't.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You lucky sum[itch bay]

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The most shocking thing about VN is that enough of them can figure out how to turn on their computer or access the internet on their phones/tablets to actually post.

justingroves likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Dad, seriously. Why do I have to log into this stupid website for your EVERY DAY?"

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

lol @ thinking those guys have actually had the opportunity to reproduce.

warhammer likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lot of dumb women out there, too.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Why do women Vol fans all have bruised bellybuttons?

Because the guy fans are dumb too.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Volnation...politics like a small town, inner circle of chosen big fish and a vast outer horde of minnows.

11. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

A-Smith and TDVol1989 like this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their ass? You must not have been very good at Operation! as a kid.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He did say heart, not head.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Surely you recognize that the response to 2020 is very different to the reactions of 2011 and 2017.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought this post over there was interesting. Seems like Pruitt is just really bad at delegating and making decisions:

I can share with medium high certainty from a friend who is very inside:

Ansley has done preliminary interviews with pro teams.
    Muschamp has interviewed with Pruitt and Fultummy to be DC. May happen. May not.
    Chaney does not agree with development trajectory of line or QB. He does not like the amount of cross-training of line, nor their lack of weekly contact or physical regimen. Last year, he intervened and took them over for almost a month. This year he did not. Chaney has spent time with every QB over the last three weeks. He prefers Shrout, but has not liked Weinke’s coaching, or his way of coaching details. Chaney created a simplified playbook and check down scheme, and both Shrout and Bailey did well. Shrout did better. Pruitt is not a fan of Shrout. Something will break here. Also, Chaney has enormous respect for Osovet, but believes he’s being misused. Osovet may go. He’s well liked but a weird fit.
    Tee and Pruitt butt heads on WR priorities. Tee is a bit checked out. Tee believes in route specificity, details, and aggressive blocking. He wants receivers to play aggressively like Jennings, and fight CB’s and block. Oddly Pruitt wants speed and height, but fought against overt physicality and high traffic style of last year’s WR’s. Chaney loves passing to the middle, TE drags, and aggressive play against DB’s ala Da’Rick or Juan. Pruitt wants to focus on speed and height, and low risk screens and long routes. Not a fan of back shoulder throws, crossing routes, slants or, TE drags. Hesitant to use slot, and wides over the middle. Many O calls are overridden by Pruitt. Bubble screen with multiple blockers has been called many times by Chaney, overridden by Pruitt, until last night. Chaney is highly adaptable to a variety of head coaching personalities, but is fatigued by Pruitt’s interference in micro-details. If he doesn’t get more control and some staff changes, he might go.

On D, Linebacker body development and technique development has taken a huge step back. Henry T is now too light to hold area, and too slow to cover. Outside LB’s are always caught between run and pass coverage, and are responsible for most blown middle assignments. DB’s are loyal to Ansley, but get mixed signals from him and Pruitt.

Back on O, RB is a happy group. Chaney believes it’s our only fundamental strength. Graham delivers on blocking, ball security, pass patterns and running style. Best position coach on the team. He and Tee are close. They will probably coach together in the future. TE is improving as a group.

Look for Nieds to move, Osovet to move or leave, Ansley to leave, Tee to leave or change role, Graham is looking, Weinke and Friend to leave. Muschamp coming is higher than 50/50, but not by much. Rocker may also return. That’s pure speculation from my friend, but Muschamp believes he’s the best DL coach in D1, and Rocker did not leave here on bad terms.

There is substantial dissatisfaction with Fulmer among a strong group of boosters, and an equally supportive patient group of boosters supporting him. He has everyone in the AD on his side, down to every secretary. He’s supported by Barnes, and key people in state government. Fulmer has support of chancellor and board. While there is some real contempt for Pruitt, it’s highly unlikely that consensus could be formed on firing him. Position coaching changes will happen before holiday break. If there’s a Vanderbilt game, and loss that might be the only straw that could break the camel this year. Otherwise this is the chess board as seen from a friend who sees the show up close.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It's a lot of speculation and who knows what's true.

But if they are talking about bringing in an entire new crop of assistant coaches WHY in God's name don't you go ahead and fire him now? By the time you'd pay all of these new assistants salaries and lock them into 3-5 year deals - that's a big mess. Just cut ties right now and be done with it. Who in their right friggin mind wants to come in here and coach for a dead man walking?

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nearly every assistant is on a 2 year deal, it's rare for 3 year deals

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Weinke, Niedermeyer and Tee's contracts expire in January, too