POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Could it be that people are just voting early this year instead of voting on Tuesday like they usually do? I know my parents did that this year and quite a few of my friends have as well. I guess what I am getting at is I wonder if our voting total will actually be up.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There’s no doubt election-day voting will be down. But the record is going to be smashed. Even if not a single person voted next Tuesday, this election would still set a Texas record.

Caveat worth noting, Texas voter registrations are up about 10% over 2016 due to population growth. If you take 110% of the 16 vote that would put you at 9.5 MM.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think TT is saying that this year's early voting is more than all voting in 2016 in Texas. We still have election day to do.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah, that is impressive. I am not sure that is going to be the case in every state is what I was getting at. Some states might have record early voting going on right now but when election day rolls around the voter turnout might be way down due to people just voting early this year so overall voter turnout may be the same as years before or even less. jmo

5. TennTradition

Texas is an anomaly. The level of early voting is off the charts.

I agree about other states. This will be a high turnout election, but just because we reach 60% of ‘16 votes cast in early voting doesn’t mean we’ll see 130% of ‘16 turnout everywhere.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

doesn't mean we won't either

7. TennTradition

Yeah turnout is going to be strong - we’ll see just how strong.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, it's still the idiot. But we're all locked down and can't do shit, so no way the economy can be happening. Not possible, with everything as it is now. Just not possible.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm not locked down.

10. fl0at_

Yea. Nobody is. But people think this is locked down. Right now.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

also people are "forced to wear masks" but simultaneously freak out about a national mask mandate... even though they claim to already be forced.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Some states are pretty locked down. Thankfully those states are run mostly by Democrats.

13. fl0at_

Then I repeat: No way economy, we're all locked down and can't do shit.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

One circle I'm in thinks everything is locked completely down. Another circle thinks the 3 of them are the only people in the country who is taking the virus seriously while everyone else has blood on their hands. I've decided I need new friends.

justingroves likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think you are an asshole. Where does that put me?

16. fl0at_

Both. Both groups think he's an asshole too.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Europe seems to be seeing a second wave.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

In the majority.

JohnnyQuickkick and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Those areas are probably struggle a little bit. I just know I live in a state that is not in total lock down and we are thriving.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

gonna catch California any day now.