Shut it down...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 21, 2020.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am saying Vol fans never believe there isn’t money. And I actually don’t either. I am pro raising hell until Pruitt is gone. I hope JG comes back for year 8 and Pruitt plays him. That’s how badly I want Pruitt gone. If he plays Bailey and starts winning enough people will forgive him. But that makes no sense. Just like with Dooley and Butch, it’s personal. Yet another coach willing to lose in order to prove a point or stick to his plan.

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

L7 weenies

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's no way Pruitt is here for 5 more years if JG is.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

There’s no way JG is coming back next year, wel have a new QB and this team as a whole is good sans the trigger man. Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. If he doesn’t beat GA, FL, or AL in the next few years hel be gone and we can track Jon Grudens wife’s family again and whisper Peyton Manning’s name to each other. It is what it is right now. It sucks but it’s true. The team is better than it was when he took it over and no one has been punched in the face in practice yet. Once he’s done the job will at least look attractive as opposed to when he took it over. Relax weenies.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

would it take 5 more years for JG to be in his 8th?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Foster had so few fumbles considering the number of carries he had. Dude really did a good job taking care of the ball except at certain times when it mattered the most.

Guarantano on the other hand, looks like he doesn't do a terrible job taking care of the ball on the surface. He only has 4 ints on the season, but when you factor in the 4 fumbles, he becomes more so-so. It's apples and oranges really, but by comparison, JG has over three times as many fumbles so far in his career as Foster.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's that the INTs tend to be pick 6s. Those are back breakers.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Worse than the interceptions are the throws behind guys, over guys, throwing to guys 3 yards behind the sticks on 3rd down, sacks and sack/fumbles.

I will always be appreciative of JG in the fact that it isn't his fault he is being put out there. He is in the same boat Worley was in, a stupid coach that is just too damn stubborn to let go of The Plan and modify it to what is working at that moment.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm just saying they both turn the ball over in the worst possible moments

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I want 0 of their money involved.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The defense is confused a lot, it's far from good. A good qb helps a lot, but there's more than that holding this program back. I would rather not start over and Pruitt figure it myself

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

JG has a masterful knack of not accomplishing anything while having some appearances of doing so. We can control a game, apparently, for a half, but only manage 10 points in doing so. He gives stupid people like Gomer the sense that he's just around the corner of figuring it all out. He just never ever gets there.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are right. I'm not really trying to argue. My only point is that folks, especially talking heads before the season, tend to highlight Guarantano's relatively low number of interceptions as making him a good at preventing turnovers, but that only tells part of the story.

Eh, and I always felt a little sorry for Foster's reputation of being fumble prone with a lot of fans. He barely fumbled considering he carried the ball more than any other back at UT (or at least was close I think). He just did it at the worst possible times and with the worst possible outcomes. Like I said, it's apples and oranges, but JG is a turnover machine in comparison with the same bad timing.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It drives me up the wall when they talk about his completion percentage and interception numbers too. I'm always like holy shit, do you watch any games?

Foster sucks as a person, so it's easy for me to not like him. However his game against Vanderbilt in 05, where he gained nearly every offensive yard Tennessee had, should be recognized as an all time great game by a Tennessee running back

Memtownvol, IP and warhammer like this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Foster was great as a red shirt in 05, and that Vandy game was special. He turned in a good junior year as well. Off the field was quite different starting his senior year and going forward.

justingroves likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s a lot of more hidden stuff with Guarantano. Avg fan watching the tv broadcast won’t see it. A completion for 5 yards that could’ve been 15 if delivered on time. A completion for 5 yards with a guy running wide open down the seam. That kind of stuff.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His sophomore year wasn't very good off the field either.

warhammer likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stuff you assume offensive coaches and HC would figure out 3 years ago

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You’d think

justingroves likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No Haslam money = less ability to pay the buyouts of shitty coaches.

Result: Suck.

Yes Haslam money= ability to hire more and even shittier coaches and fire them faster.

Result: Still Suck.