The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kirby Smart brought out a "ive been coaching for 20 years" after their qb had a good game, when being questioned about why he didn't play Daniels earlier.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

So is this guy getting fired, realistically? Only if he loses out? What about with a Vandy win?

Trey Wallace seemed to think he would be gone if he lost to Vandy. I don’t see why beating Vandy would help you keep your job if it’s that dire already.

I can’t wait to be playing in a bowl game at 2-8.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he gets fired until November 2021 at the earliest. I wouldn't be shocked if he quits before then, though

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll tip my hat to him if he quits. He'll have far more of my respect than the other two buyout seeking leeches that preceded him.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is back no matter what for next year and he knows it. I do expect some staff changes soon. Possibly even before the end of the year (after early signing period).

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 2021 team can be really good if Bailey or Salter pan out, even with some dysfunction going around.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have no faith Salter gets a real shot. I know it's illogical, but so seemingly are the decisions being made this season.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good chance he goes to Texas now anyway. Good for him if he escapes the vortex

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I hope Bailey scoots and Salter signs elsewhere. Both of them deserve a better opportunity and situation than what they will get here.

TDVol1989 and InVolNerable like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do not

SetVol13, zehr27, warhammer and 4 others like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The way it's looking, there's going to be two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster for 2021

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

IP likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll believe Guarantano's gone when he's doesn't trot onto the field to start the first game.

Seriously though, I don't understand the logic that has gone into who plays QB so far under Pruitt. I don't expect it to be logical next year.

15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Aside from the fact that I think Coach Gomer is the worst coach I've ever seen at a major university I will give you an honest opinion on this.....

He's a bull headed piece of work. I honestly from the bottom of my heart think the dude wants to be the smartest guy in the room SO BAD that he is trying to will #2 into having a good QB performance so he can trot out there in a post game presser, shine up his bald head, drop his drawers, and present that [ock cay] to the entire room and say I TOLD YOU SO. He thinks he knows more than everyone on his staff and everyone that surrounds him. Just listen to some of the stories about how he has his hands in literally everything and meddles with other coaches all the time.

He's so hell bent on being right that he can't see the forest for the trees. Or he just doesn't care. He kind of coaches like a guy who don't care. I don't know - but I really think if you want a logical answer for his QB play it's because he's told everyone around him for so long that JG is the guy if he's not the guy he feels personally defeated because he just can't stand being wrong.

TDVol1989 and warhammer like this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

When’s the last time we had a coach who isn’t obsessed with being the smartest guy in the room? Because honestly that might be the #1 qualification next time we post the job

Daddy Gee likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I have crossed over. Anything that gets Gomer gone is ok with me. Hire a hot blonde with a Harley for all I care. Lose to Vandy (if we play them), don’t care. It’s happened enough, once more won’t hurt. He is a thunderdunce and a smartassed proud one at that. I’ve been worn down by huckleberry football. I would rather lose without than win with him. It’s that bad. I am no longer rational

18. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Is there evidence that giving a head coach an extension/raise helps with recruiting and/or getting assistants?
    It feels to me like Tennessee just hands them out as a matter of course as opposed to any real strategic method. I am for firing Fulmer just based on that ridiculous, absolutely brainless move.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Andy Staples had a great piece on this today. It was really an awful move. https://theathletic.com/2219689/2020/11/25/worst-coach-contracts-college-football/

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

if we had any sense, terms for extensions would be predefined and public. E.g., you won't be coach for more than 4 years if you can't beat florida.