The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm in Murfreesboro. Oh I know there are more than a few. I pass a yard with a huge flagpole and Bama flag flying in the front yard. The lady that watches my kids said they used to fly the American flag there.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At least charge more for the Bama plate. Like charge $350 instead of $35. You'd probably make just as much money and we'd see less of it.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So what does this mean?

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Gus is coming!

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Gus getting his DC on staff?!?

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When Pruitt is canned, gives us someone who can keep the ship afloat until the hire is made. And we aren't having to pay him to be a "consultant."

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not so sure about that. Don't think there is much good blood between those two.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we gonna be forcing Kevin Steele on a new hire?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This seems dumb so very predictable.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Do you honestly believe that’s what happens? I’m asking seriously. Not being a smartass.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hire Steele
    Fire Pruitt
    Name Steele interim for 2021
    Remove interim tag after the 2021 season

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt had an actual on the field role, though.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Means Fulmer still has some pull

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol. We don’t even need a coaching search. Fulmer had the right man for the job all along in 2018, he just made a mistake and chose Pruitt over Steele.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah. But I'm not even sure they have decided to fire Pruitt. I wonder if this is the plan *if* they fire Pruitt.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So... the hiring freeze is over?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd rather see Chaney as interim.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Basilio said on his website on Monday to expect this to happen but it did not mean Pruitt was coming back at all. Steele has a bunch of escape clauses in this contract where he can take other jobs also.

I believe that whoever the next coach is going to be is already on board with Steele - or won't have much say in the matter either one. So that leads me to believe there are two candidates for the next coach:

Doug Marrone (puke) or Jamey Chadwell who can at least bring some excitement.

19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Yes Steele is not Pruitt’s hire. He may or may not be the next DC though. He’s here to keep To’ot’o from leaving too. This means Gus not likely and Marrone is the most likely hire. Chadwell is a possibility but I think it’s Marrone. And I think this whole deal is to get UT back to 8-9 wins. No commitment to being dominant. And I’m hacked off. We are really going to fire Pruitt for middling violations. The 3-7 is irrelevant.

that’s the signal. 3-7 isn’t a problem. We just want a clean KY/Mizzou/SC level program. That’s winning in UTs mind. A Dec 29th bowl game. Jeez I hope Marrone gets another job fast but he’s your guy.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nobody wants to hear it but we should probably think about not being embarrassing before we worry about being dominant

ptclaus98 likes this.