The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with that

Lexvol likes this.
  3. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The reality...this program simply never recruited the same without him. Started getting the window dressing as soon as he hit the road.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

It is crazy how his success and his intentions contributed to the corner JP is in right now. The timing is uncanny. Fans won’t admit it, but it’s true nonetheless.

Not excusing JP digging his own hole.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think that's the third assistant to start with USCe then leave immediately?

Not saying our situation is that much better, but I'd be losing my shit if that happened at UT.

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes please.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Posted on VN by a guy I happen to think is a straight shooter. I wonder if it lines up with what some of you here know.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Difference is that’s what SC is supposed to be. A no body with no history and no pedigree. If real programs want what you have they take it. You don’t get a say. We’re kind of a no body now, but we’re not supposed to be.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds reasonable.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lines up with idea that the university doesn't necessarily want to take this long, but they might HAVE to take this long.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

You remember what thread that was in?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Coachery

Volgrad98 likes this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Thanks. Haven't been over to the other place in a while. Want to read through the responses and see if there are any hidden gems there or maybe some other threads. That place gives me a headache though.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My plan is to never darken the door of VN ever again, but that info sounds entirely legitimate and unvarnished. Whoever the poster is needs to drop that VN and crowd and join the 8th...

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There are some good posters there. Some are new. They are in the vast minority. I will say, though, the general vibe over there -unlike with Butch and Dooley- is not to defend the coach. I think Twitter and Fox Sports Radio have turned the tide. They are probably more anti-Pruitt than the 8th, which does make me wonder if I should slow my roll, given how many of them are known idiots.

Memtownvol and ptclaus98 like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The important thing is to just claim you were right all along after the fact.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Sounds like he is just regurgitating what was said by Russell Smith/Trey Wallace.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I've been posting there again since November just trying to piss off the few Pruitt defenders that are left. It's fun.

But this is entirely different than the Butch situation where they defended him to the bitter end. I think even 75% of VN has turned on Cornbread which tells you all you need to know when that crowd turns on you.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have taken every position on Pruitt in different posts, all ready to bump.

IP likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

DId they say Pruitt was being interviewed on Thursday and decision by Monday? I was listening to it earlier but only got a few minutes in.