The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

this ain't a spelling bee, get your torch and pitch fork up in the air or get on the mattress pyre.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Vanderbilt is though

SetVol13 and yont sum iss? like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Kentucky.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And Tennessee.

5. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

InVolNerable and IP like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm sold. Fire Pruitt, Chaney as interim.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for it

IP likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Dude’s got a better win percentage than Saban. Gotta get him inked to a contract before somebody else swoops in and snags him.

Volgrad98 and justingroves like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

It seemed like Chaney was having the time of his life that one day. Always kinda appreciated that

TDVol1989, IP, Savage Orange and 2 others like this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I fully expected him to go Emory and Henry an entire drive or 2 and was somewhat disappointed when he didn't.

12. NorrisAlan

Spurrier did, I am sure of it.

Never thought I would miss that asshole.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Whatever comes of all this, if Marrone is the end result I think it will be a complete failure and end up worse than if we kept Pruitt in the first place. With the one time transfer rule coming down the pipe, these players threatening to leave if he's ousted can easily do so. It says something that despite the record we have, these kids are still loyal to Pruitt and played hard for him through the end and are sticking by him. Marrone in losing seasons has lost talent in Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, and Leonard Fournette. I know Coughlin and individual personalities had sway in these circumstances, but Marrone did nothing to quell the disarray that those players let his locker room and team become. That being said, this dragged out debacle is already becoming worse every day, and I can't imagine this situation being easily repaired either way at this point. This hire, if there is one, needs to be a stabilizer from an organization and team standpoint first and foremost with the current mess that has been made. I can't see Marrone equaling the challenge.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Woulda like to have seen how the team played without JG at qb, and where Pruitt would be right now as far as wins and total team play. Most players do like him, but the whole team was affected by poor play and leadership at qb. Their body language multiple times--like the missed throw to TE vs florida as OL couldnt believe it, which was followed up by a turnover, missed td throws vs BYU, bama sneak, ga turnovers, auburn turnovers, ky pick 6s, the game where he took a sack with 3 seconds left in the half instead of launching 40 yards to end zone... Of course its not all on JG as 2nd halves sucked, but imo young guys were affected and didnt respond well, as they knew the qb and lack of ability to score points and throw over the middle meant they were headed for another loss anyway. It didnt take long to see Shrout and Bailey, for the most part, scanned defenses better and faster, as well as moved their feet in the pocket better. Him hitching to JG due to his throws vs air in practice is still mind boggling

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

we about to get marroned on new millennium Vol Island?

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well I don’t want the guy. But if he is hired I think the logic is to stack a few good assistants around him like Steele, maybe Garner and let him be a trouble free figure head. Almost the Fulmer model. Let’s face it, Fulmer wasn’t very good without Cut.

Just to be clear InVol, I do not want. But I believe some people believe Marrone is a relatively sure 7/8 win guy who can stabilize things. I will be disappointed we didn’t even try to win personally. It will put us squarely in the bottom 5 mosh pit in the East. It’s just astonishing that there is a faction in our AD/Ruling Booster Class that don’t really want a strong Football Program. And we are facing a coaching search because of violations, not 3-7.

18. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Could Marrone be our Mike Shula?

Just thinking out loud on this one. If you look at Bama’s trajectory with coaching hires after Stallings until Saban, there are some slight similarities.

Shula essentially stabilized Bama until they could get Their Guy. I don’t think TN has the same mentality or wherewithal to do the same, so it stops there. Like I said, thinking out loud.

To be clear, I don’t want Marrone.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

we have had a decade of shulas. bama should refer to shula as a Tennessee 2010's hire.

Nothing is more stable than being at the absolute base.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see the effects of a coaching change in the world of transfers we're about to enter. Seems like it would be even more of a reset for a team that fires a coach and then hires someone that might not cause excitement enough to keep existing talent/attract new talent. On the other side of that rebuilds may be easier with a coach that can galvanize transfer recruiting while building up recruiting classes for the future. The proverbial "tingle effect" may be of greater importance than before.