We can't even cheat well

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 19, 2020.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

No, no, no I saw the movie they were just a wealthy beautiful family looking to help out a poor kid from the ghetto. You're so cynical. [Insert sarcasm font]

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hated that movie so much. When Sandra Bullock threatened those Memphis gangbangers, as they are sitting in the projects, with her gun, I couldn't roll my eyes enough.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Freeze found a way to get Oher paid without "being involved", and got the backing to later head to Ole Miss at the same time. Their basketball team at the time was solid too, as Oher and Hardy both played for Briarcrest, but ran into Brandon Wright from Brentwood Academy in the state final, iirc, and he was pretty nasty

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I thought that it was Coach O Oher played for, at least that's how it went in the movie. (I'm too lazy to look it up)

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Correct, but Freeze was hired at Ole Miss just a few days after Oher signed. He was able to somehow get oher and hardy to Briarcrest, no charge to them, and to ole miss, while luckily landing a job at Ole Miss at the same time. Just doesn't seem all circumstantial..

Volgrad98 likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Freeze got an off the field job out of it, turning it into a position coaching job while Oher was there

Volgrad98 likes this.
  7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hardy started at Harding... quit mid basketball tournament and joined another random team, then was at Briarcrest soon after.. wild times.

Oher deal was all the Tuohy family. Jr now works for Freeze at Liberty. Sister married Cannon Smith, son of Fred Smith (FedEx), who signed with Ole Miss as a QB, went to Miami, and finished as a S at Memphis.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The movie was wholesome and accurate. Sandra Bullock scared gangbangers. I am inspired just like unimane. Bwaaaaahaaaa.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

haha... the book was much closer to reality, but Oher had been to the school and met them there... the rest was hollywood

10. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

It was a common thing to see white suburban moms in Hurt Village threatening gangbangers. I think they had a special task squad for the protection of said gangbangers in The Village. Lol

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We got caught playing paintball with recruits with items there that are not normally part of the facility.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What does that mean? What items?

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Article didn't say. I guess paintball esque items.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

give me a [uck fay]ing break, if that is all this is

warhammer likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

To me it seems like that’s just extra in addition to what the current investigation is looking in to. It’s obviously not why Maurer and Gray were held out.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They used air soft guns instead of paintball guns

17. KyleAlexanderfan

I’m assuming sarcasm - but it’s late. The NCAA doesn’t open an investigation for this and Kirby/Mims don’t snitch for it either.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Plus the massive amounts of legal fees they’ve been racking up.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I [uck fay]ing hate the NCAA and all petty beurocracies. All beurocracies should be completely blown up about every 10 years by law.

Volst53 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm being a smartass, yes