NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. Post to Doering iirc

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It was actually a 4th & 11 from the UT 35 and Wuerffel hit Reidel Anthony on a slant for the TD... next to the Jabar Gaffney NON-catch, no other play in the history of the series has bothered me as much as that one.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

feel like I may be getting 2 different plays mixed up anyway. I'm picturing left to right, from the 50, 4th down and torched us up top, and thinking at the time, that's why he always beats us, because he has the guts and the team feeds off not playing not to lose.

4. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

1996. First offensive possession of the game.

Savage Orange likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

That is correct.

6. Savage Orange

He probably did do it multiple times but the pass to Anthony in ‘96 is the one that sticks in my craw. It was left to right and Wuerffel probably threw it from the 50.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We never, ever, ever guarded the post route against Florida. Was the most bizarre thing ever.

8. Savage Orange

Peyton catches a lot of heat for those four losses but as I remember it, only one was really a result of his play.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Baker is kind of a dumb first name.

10. Savage Orange

I always hated last names for first names... Cooper, Parker, Rivers... names like that. So pretentious.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I keep waffling I which team I prefer to see next week. Instinctively, I do not want to see Brady and the Bucs, especially after they beat the piss out of us earlier in the season. The Saints might be the better overall team, but it just seems there are more weapons I'd fear on the Bucs. Neither is going to be easy.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want to see Brady win anything else.

13. Johnny Utah

Probably won’t if he keeps playing like this. Obviously the dropped TD by Godwin at the end of the first half looms large, but Brady has consistently bypassed easy throws for ones with a much higher degree of difficulty.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Forecast is 24 degrees and snow. I'll take the dome based saints and brees arm that is about to fall off.

IP likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

Both QBs look 80 years old tonight.

16. CardinalVol

Tampa is going to win because they know brees can't beat them anymore and they are just sticking in press man.

17. CardinalVol

Brady and Co it is.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ugh. Tired of this dude. How many years didn't he have a top tier defense to back him up? Bucs have more weapons, too.

19. Johnny Utah

“Tom Brady is about to advance to his fourteenth conference championship game.” I mean Jesus Christ.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Drew Brees is a top notch human being. As a football player; [uck fay] you Drew Brees, your Saints, and your fans.