Kiffin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Jan 18, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah the people who dislike the Kiffin idea aren’t gonna make much social media noise. If the money folks are cool with it I don’t see any issues.

2. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

Pruitt was making 3.8 according to 247.

Kiffin walks in the door at ole Miss and makes 3.9 Drinkwitz walks in at 4. SC was paying Muschamp 4.4 to do worse than UT. UK is paying Stoops 5. Leach is getting 5 at MsSt. Herman was making 6. Mullen 6.1. Brohm who UT courted 6.6. James Franklin (ugh) 6.7. Kirby 6.8. Malzahn 6.9 with 21M buyout. Fisher 7.5. Harbaugh is getting 8.1 to fail at UM. Dabo 8.3 Ogeron 8.7 and Saban 9.1

You want proven then you start at 8M. Sorry days of being cheap and relevant are long past.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was true 3 years ago. Was true 8 years ago. Was true 11 years ago. We don't want to do it. We want to be the plucky under dogs that never quite make it.

Memtownvol, cpninja and warhammer like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Plucky or sucky?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And falling on our face trying to reach that goal.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Based on my social media feeds, hate for Kiffin seems to have cooled, and I think many would welcome him back who would never have dreamed of it while brick by bricking it.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We’re like all those idiots lining up for MegaMillions and Powerball tickets today... we want to spend $2 in the hopes of becoming zillionaires...

The odds of it happening are about the same.

Memtownvol, TangoUniform and IP like this.
  8. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

Question? Would you pay Kiffin $6.1M to come back?

Who would you be willing to pay $6.1M + to come here?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep

Kiffin

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

judging by my facebook feed, the female demographic still hates Kiffin.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

well i would absolutely love to have the wrong opinion on this.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The first thing that came to my mind was a female Tammy Wynette coach supporter who liked to blame Kiffin for everything prior to last season.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

Lane [uck fay]ing Kiffin

Lane isn't scared of this job or this fanbase

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We really need to make it happen then

A-Smith likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They also hate Spurrier fwiw

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t mean to lump all female fans under one banner but one on there yesterday in the span of about 5 minutes said we should hire Tee Martin and then “no more offensive or defensive coordinators!”

tn_longrifles likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or the 'AA.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only thing Kiffin is scared of is a paternity test.

SetVol13 and VolDad like this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

But here is the question. Did Pruitt suck because we underpaid him or did he just plain suck...thus technically overpaid? And did we hire Pruitt because he was the lower priced item on the menu or because the decision makers suck? So I can’t honestly say if we went bargain basement because of money or stupidity. I have just always assumed we wanted a coach that wasn’t a strong personality...one that wasn’t going to be too strong.

tn_longrifles likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol, he improved Tennessee's record, and considering the sanctions at USC he did pretty well. Those are the only other major coaching jobs he's had since.

And he did quite the opposite of sneak out of town. He's the only coach I can remember to hold a press conference on his way out to answer questions.

NorrisAlan, SetVol13, A-Smith and 6 others like this.