POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Companies have not said. And companies likely have not been asked. Those would be questions asked of, and by, a group with a competent distribution plan, that had analyzed the entire chain, and found a weak spot.

April, is when we expect to have more supply. April, based on views into the supply chain as of this week.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think you have to fully transition.

I don’t think it will be common at all but I don’t think biological males should compete against biological women.

it’s just too much of an unfair competitive advantage

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's a lot nicer than I would put it, but yeah.

6. NorrisAlan

Oh, I agree 100%. It is just too big of a physical gap.

But I don't think it is going to be super common.

7. Ssmiff

If its not a big deal, why did the President sign off on it on day 1.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Why does it matter when he did it? He promised to take anti-discrimination measures and he's following up on it.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Like less than .5% of the population is trans, a small fraction of that are trans athletes, and a fraction of that are transfeminine. Alan is right that it's not going to be at all common.

10. Ssmiff

We will disagree on what discrimination is and isnt

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's fine, but whether you agree on it or not, trans rights were part of his platform and he's making good on promises. I commend him for it.

12. Ssmiff

I read an article about 2 connecticut transprinters who have won 15 state titles. The girls competing said they already know who is gonna win and are at a disadvantage. I dont think thats very fair and it doesnt matter if the % is small or larger

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sure, but I looked at their times. They are killing it in CT, but on par or far behind girls' sprinters in other states at the same distance. So whatever the advantage might appear to be there quickly dissipates in a larger talent pool.

IP likes this.
  14. cpninja

cpninja Member

The flip side of this is that trans men and boys wont be forced to compete in the girls division anymore. There was a wrestler in(IIRC) Texas who didn't lose for like 3 years because he was forced to wrestle in the girls division. It was BS and he begged the state to let him switch divisions but they wouldn't let him

SetVol13, emainvol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this not the experience of 99.5% of all athletes?

16. Ssmiff

When on a level playing field, no.

17. fl0at_

I don't know that there is such a thing.

Is Tennessee vs Alabama a level playing field?

Even in high school, schools with state champs tend to field state champs, and everyone else knows who is going to win.

There can be upsets... but upsets are called upsets for a reason.

18. Ssmiff

You guys comparing being out talented to competing against a different set of chromosomes is silly.

19. NorrisAlan

Chromosome difference is by definition a gap in talent.

Sadly, talent is hard to gauge and to make talent leagues that are gender blind would be awesome, but just not doable. Too much sandbagging would go on. There are a lot of boys that would actually be on a level playing field in a "girls" division, but they will never play there, and thus, their sports outlets are terribly limited.

But, it is just how things are when it comes to sports. There will always be the haves and the have nots when it comes to genetics.

20. fl0at_

What do you think determines talent, if not chromosomes?