Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don’t even want to speculate but if 8million is the number, it needs to be somebody way up the food chain.

yont sum iss? likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If the list is Campbell, Kiffin, Or Stoops at 8 million, I think that’s about right.

we’re a walking cluster [uck fay] that’s going to have to pay

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wut?

PilotFlyingJ, A-Smith and TDVol1989 like this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Campbell has had four winning seasons in a row? At Iowa State?

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's the only three somewhat realistic names I'd be okay with at that number.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Volst53 likes this.
  6. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Franklin not going to be here, was at Vandy and then at Pedofile USA ... he’s trying to make that image softer, unless he’s pissed the Happy Valley crowd off, but still he’s a Maryland man... nahh!!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What?

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think the problem is the 7-8 million range is what’s being exaggerated. That’s why the realistic names are what they are. That’s the only answer to the questions we are asking ourselves.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Huh?

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

A mod really needs to change his name to “I HIT the bowl, bros!!” I enjoy his posts, but the idea that Campbell isn’t ready for this job is nuts.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I read fleck had more nfl draft picks last year than we have had in several years combined and most were 3 stars.

12. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

2 -8 and 5 seasons
    1 -7 and 6 season
    And then last year, this will be his dancing season, but our program is need of a Proven SEC caliber coach and equal staff, not the Cyclone Prom Queen!!

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I think part of the problem right now is that there just isn't the amount of great coaches in college football that there was 10-15 years ago. So even if you're willing to spend 7-8 million there isn't an abundance of sure things out there to pick from. Think about when there was Saban, Meyer, Stoops, Carroll, Spurrier, Petersen, etc all coaching at the same time. Add guys like Chip Kelly and Harbaugh who seem to have "lost it" to some degree now. It's pretty crazy. I think that's a big reason for the widening of the gap between Bama, Clemson, OSU and the rest of the country. College coaching isn't as good as it used to be. Makes making a great hire even harder.

14. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

So tell us how he’s ready for our the Tennessee program, I hang up and listen?

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think you’re looking at the wrong Campbell

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Gus was making big money at Auburn. Over 6.5. Stoops would require that to even consider. Campbell wouldn’t do anything for 8 mil that he wouldn’t do for 6mil. Kiffin isn’t worth 8mil based on history. He’s a 6 mil tops guy. Fickel maybe but he’s not offensive. We just can’t buy Franklin. He’s a tool. So I am clueless as to who would justifiably command that.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

How did coaching at Bowling Green and Utah prepare Meyer for the Florida job? Great coaches win anywhere.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think you’ll ever know until someone gets here but he’s done well in a place most people would rather die than go to

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Matt Campbell , Iowa State Cyclones??

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If you don't want Matt Campbell than your list has to be extremely short.

tvolsfan likes this.