Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd give Elliott a C and Chadwell as B-

yont sum iss? likes this.
  2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

And Napier a B. A’s are for guys who have won as P5 head coaches.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

What is Barrett saying, besides Feldman he’s not going to take us on a shitty date??

4. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Someone get messages to Barrett and Feldman to join Gab , I miss you Jack , dirty pasta lover you!!!

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah but I REALLY like Napier. If he can be had I would be fully on board. He'll win big somewhere before he's done I think.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Pass

7. yont sum iss?

A guy can become an A, but to come in as one you better have the big receipts.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. TDVol1989

ummmm no! You can give Chadwell a B but a HC def gets advantage...especially if he’s the MF coach of the year

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree.

10. TDVol1989

You get a grade day 1 based on the grader’s expert intuition. Hiring grade never changes. You’re either right or wrong. I’m right.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah, I totally would have rated a Mike Macintyre hire over Lincoln Riley in ‘17.

InVolNerable and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He said a couple of hours before it broke that Pruitt and Fulmer would be going.

13. yont sum iss?

I love that no one knows shit.

PilotFlyingJ and VolDad like this.
  14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Nobody knew shit when Shiano was hired either. He wasn’t on the radar.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I think the truths out there somewhere. There are people flying around with him. So Elliott is the safe bet.

If we truly offered 8 million a year and got shot down by our top choices that’s demoralizing, but we probably should’ve offered 10.

16. yont sum iss?

Ugh I’m pretty sure plenty of people knew of coaches they were talking to. And Schiano wasn’t hired. Word of his potential hire or agreement got out (people knew shit) and the shit hit the fan. Once all that happened plenty of people knew Pruitt was a real target.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO... White is brand spankin new. He has no relationships or trust in anyone in the Athletic department. He does not know who he can trust and who are the blabber mouths. He is not sharing shit until he finds his Coach and sells them to the President and Chancellor.

All of these rumors are agents trying to get their clients a raise or internet whores trying for clicks.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  18. TDVol1989

Riley was the OC AT OU. So replace Dabo with Elliott. I mean it worked for Stoops to Riley...sort of. And how did it work out for the other Co-OC at Clemson who is an HC?

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Would you have rated Macintyre over Riley? By your rule?

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think this is mostly true. I think he’s down in Atlanta swinging for us. And the names we have heard are either just for cover and public consumption (Dykes, who no doubt likes having his name mentioned for an SEC job) or are the emergency hire, who White has interviewed before (Elliott). But I don’t think we’re to Elliott yet. Card says we are swinging. Let’s let the #4 AD in the country do his best. He’s not hiring Sonny Dykes or Kevin Steele in any universe.

UTVolinExile likes this.