Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I honestly don’t get him winning that year. So the award in and of itself isn’t the defining criteria. It certainly is an accomplishment but often goes to a big turnaround year coach as opposed to the best. But I do believe HC experience and successful HC experience is more valuable than a mostly co-OC at a built program.

2. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, with Schiano I did not want him because he is not a good enough coach to always have the question of what he actually knew about the child molestation hanging around. I never completely believed he was in on it, aware of it, or otherwise. At the same time, I believe we will never fully know the truth surrounding that. He was not a good enough coach to make up for that risk. I don't honestly who is.

Franklin is similar. He is a better coach imo, but after everything I read, I also believe the risk of the allegations of his covering up the event and possibly even more being true is greater. Again, it's just not worth the risk.

Additionally, this played out in-state. I know folks who live in the East like to think the boundary falls off somewhere around Kingston (it's more like Lexington if we're following I-40 iyam), but this was a really big deal for a time in Middle Tennessee and Nashville specifically. All of that resurfaces if he's hired. Does it matter? Who knows, but it's not worth that risk either.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Memtownvol likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7:19 am, we got a coach yet?

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Swain working hard to prep listeners this morning for a disappointing hire, reiterating how unattractive this job is amongst the coaching community. Saying our expectations are way too high.

Wonder if he’s pushing that message at anyone’s request...

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

1:23 pm here, and still no.

hohenfelsvol and TennTradition like this.
  7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'm not sure why anyone buys that. If a coach is scared of fan expectations, I don't want them. Other than that we have a nationwide audience, amazing facilities, rabid fanbase, huge stadium, SEC appeal, bigly recruiting budget, and an eager new AD. Tennessee might be down but in the most powerful conference in the country, we are the 3rd or 4th best place to be.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Heard this - Atlanta = Paul Johnson interviews

IP, VolDad, A-Smith and 2 others like this.
  9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Id rank our job 6th in the SEC.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Lol...

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Read the same thing in my dad's December 1976 Sports Illustrated.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My prediction is that we keep swinging today. If nobody bites, we hire Elliott tomorrow.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

*slaps forehead* Of course!

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Swain must be getting his info from Card...

15. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Auburn is a nowheresville with insane+dumb boosters. A&M is filled with psychopathic ROTC tweekers and some kind of weird espionage thing.

justingroves likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They should throw 4-5 million at Napier but I don’t think they will.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I realize how much this is overpaying. Don’t care. He’d win.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I am amazed by how the fan base can get no information and draw 1,530,230 different conclusions in 24 hours.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I agree Napier would win , but this job is too big for him, he’s just now getting started!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Job desirability based on talent available, tradition and fanbase, not actual product on the field:

1) Florida
    2) Alabama
    3) LSU
    4) Tennessee
    5) Georgia
    6) [uck fay] Auburn
    7-14) who gives a [uck fay]

Also, when Saban leaves, not a person worth their salt would take that job. Impossible expectations to follow, much like when Bryant retired.