Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

You can't convince me that if we missed out on the biggest targets that we couldn't get either Kiffin or Chadwell and I would be very happy with either one of them.

If it's Dykes the new AD is trying to "outsmart" everyone else and show just how astute he really is. And at that point he can GTFO himself. Because if for one single solitary minute Dukes is his answer the guy don't know shit from apple butter.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

To the best of my knowledge (NYY can dispute), we've not had a formal interview with Kiffin.

awebb7 likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kiffin doesn’t seem like this guy’s MO. But idk.

Tar Volon, TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The notion that we’re “landing” the likes of Napier, Chadwell or Elliot is crazy... have we fallen so far that hiring 2nd/3rd tier coaches and acting like it was some real coup is now our ceiling??

MWR likes this.
  5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Pretty much, yeah.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I know it’s difficult to accept.

7. Savage Orange

If that’s the case, we’ve seen the best of UT football already in our lifetimes... Botch Jones will be remembered as “the one who got away”...

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Translation: I didn’t know anything, I just threw a turd at the wall and hoped it stuck

A-Smith likes this.
  9. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Granted, a coach with a winning record in college football is better than 3 of our last 4 hires. And the other was Butch Jones, so we've fallen quite far.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dooley, Jones and Pruitt pretty much tell the tale. I forget my posts over the last two years proclaiming we are a second tier school and that is that when a coaching search is going on, however, only to return to it two years later when we are 5-7 and wondering what the [uck fay] is going on.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Don’t be dramatic

12. Savage Orange

And it stuck for a second, but then started smudging its way down the wall to the floor...

13. Savage Orange

Even 10 years ago, could you envision UT football in the spot it’s currently in? Who owns our last 9 win season?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is really disappointing. He's my 1.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like Jeff Fisher should be the absolute floor. No real excuse to do worse than him.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can you see it, yet? That there is no difference, this time. Just like there was no difference last time. Or the time before?

We've heard all of this before.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He doesn’t seem like the Dr. Danny type.

I don’t hate it, as I compare it to Butch, Dooley, Pruitt, Dykes....but I don’t love it at all.

18. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

And he wouldn't do any better than Lovie Smith in Illinois. Fortunately the odds of hiring a 62 year-old coach who's never dealt with NCAA compliance are very low.

19. Savage Orange

Especially when the dude came right out and said “I want the job!” That said, I think I’d rather go with Elliot over Fisher.

20. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Oh he would be the floor alright.