Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Then he’s not being creative enough with the commercials of the contract to overcome the perceived negatives the job.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure we all underestimate the ability of sanctions to really tarnish the shine on a job.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That said it is just Price and he's thrown out about 5 names in 48 hours.

4. chef65

chef65 Contributor

We should accept an interim coach for next year and even the year(s) following if the alternative is another square peg. Heupful or Dykes or whatever jackass we end up hiring can take a hike. Throw all we can at the best until someone finally says yes. If it takes a decade so be it. If it never happens so be it.

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Heupel just seems like a bad fit. Bad recruiter is being thrown around a lot. Good offensive mind sounds great, maybe he would be the guy that come come in a start beating the lower part of the SEC again but he doesn’t seem like a guy that’s going to come in and start competing with Georgia and Florida anytime soon. Just my observation from some quick google searching.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I mean, there are about 3 people on the list that would do that, and I'm pretty sure 2 of them have turned us down already.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our last three coaches have all been too full of themselves to hire good people and get out of the way. The only way I could see Heupel succeeding is if he’s not, and that description of his press conferences doesn’t make me feel better.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I hadn’t heard bad recruiter. I’m not sure I buy good offensive mind, because he really hasn’t been great as a coordinator. That said, he certainly appears to have had good offenses as a head coach, so maybe he at least knows how to hire a quality OC.

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I don’t believe he’s ever signed a 4 star recruit. Per twitter (so it’s got to be true)

Josh Heupel's offenses have ranked 6th, 5th, and 2nd in the country in total offense the last three years at UCF. As OC at Missouri in 2017, they were 14th.

10. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

Just my $.02, based on no inside information:

Forget all the names of coaches that the media has tossed up against the wall and ask yourself this. Do you believe that DW is as good an AD as advertised, or do you think he he is as dumb as every other AD we've had over the last 15 years?

IF you think he is as good as advertised and that he is operating how he traditionally operates, then you have to accept that he has locked down leaks of inside info.

IF he has locked down the info, all the names we've heard suggested by the media over the past 4 days have been completely irrelevant. Franklin, Fleck, Dykes, Heupel, all meaningless. Hint: if the story or blog post says "UT is focusing its search on [insert coach name]," or some other combination of weasel words other than 'UT has hired [insert coach name]" it's garbage and should be ignored.

IF you think DW is as bad an AD as our last few, then yeah, the pooch has been screwed again and you should check back in for the next coaching search in 3-4 years.

Take your pick, both options can't be true. Either DW is as sharp as they say, and we will get a good coach, or he's just the latest dumb [uck fay] in a long line of dumb [uck fay]s.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think we find out today which is true.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Well, shit.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Attached Files:

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Quick somebody send a bunch of mean tweets to Heupel so he won’t take the job.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Someone photoshop an orange UT suit on her pronto.

CitrusCo.Vol and justingroves like this.
  18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Did you just assume their gender ?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. Yes I did.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Prepare for consistent recruiting classes outside the top 20.