The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If by decent you mean beat the teams you’re supposed to beat and get skullf***ed by elite teams, yeah probably.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Even if he was and even if he did - that DC can and will leave eventually and chances are you swing and miss on a replacement and never recover.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I prefer miserable bastard, thank you very much.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Even talking hypothetically about guys of that caliber taking this job on January 27th, 2021 is a brain dead daydream, money be damned.

We might still be even 2 years from actually finding out what the NCAA penalties are, much less dealing with them.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's better than we are currently. I came in with low expectations, and this hire seems to meet them.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Whcich is why Steele or another interim for a year is not really a solution.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Our defensive talent is not great.

8. HCKevinSteele

“Looks like the bastard child of Donnie Tyndall mixed with the yellow king from true detective”

I’m dying

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

my fandom has basically either seen high powered offense giving up tons of points or stout defense with shit show offense. I would rather be throwing 40 pts up on the scoreboard and losing than being excited for a 20yd completion every three games. At least bring some excitement to the football if I can't get joy from it

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, the "if I can't score meth at least I can get krokodil" perspective. I get it.

sellsman11 likes this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Mike Leach didn't throw up anything like 40 ppg though. Neither will Heupel.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but he inherited a much deeper and well-rounded roster at Mississippi State.

Wait, shit.

dknash, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  13. here to lurk

Ill take 27 pts a game

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. Entertain me. I want to win, but if im gonna lose, throw up some points and let the kids have some fun vs robotic easy to defend bs.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So, losing is ok if you score a bunch of entertaining points? No thanks. I’d rather win 7-3 than lose 54-49.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Mike Leach is a great coach. IMO he'll get him a QB and a few WR's that fit his style and he'll throw out a 10 or 11 win season in the next couple of years.

TangoUniform likes this.
  17. here to lurk

whatever gets the job done man...well, thats how it used to be

18. here to lurk

well, I haven't seen many 7-3 wins lately

19. HCKevinSteele

No shot unless he changes his approach, which he seems unwilling to do. It’ll get better for sure, but enough to win 10 or 11 in the west.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That's the trap a lot of folks are going to fall into. He's not bringing UCF offensive stats with him. Again, nothing against the guy but an offense throwing up loads of points is not happening.