Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is Mayo being talked to at all? Is that not a realistic or good option?

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If he hasn’t even been contacted, we don’t deserve to have good defense. Mayo has bigger and better options than the dumpster fire raging in Knoxville, but he’s a guy you gotta at least talk to.

warhammer likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Huh, that sub site info hasn't circulated to the usual UT twitter rumor mongers.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah I think Mayo is probably gonna just stay in the NFL in that scenario.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hell let's just pay this dude 3M.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I haven’t even heard his name floated. Hopefully we at least called. No reason to float it publicly - wouldn’t be an image bump gor him and would make UT look bad(ish) for him to say no.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm pretty sure he wants a head coaching job

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Or NFL DC. He interviewed for a few NFL HC jobs this past cycle, don’t see him leaving for college DC.

9. Savage Orange

OSU sure seems to be worried about losing Washington. He seems like he’s ready to step up into a DC role, from what I’ve read about him in the past day or two since he got on UT’s radar.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In light of that...Zach Ragan, if you're reading this, get better or move on to something else. Man, you can't be happy with your output.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you can sit in a two high shell and stop the run and and get pressure with 4, it’s pretty easy to play defense.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds so easy

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Yeah... Like saying “If you can accurately predict the future, it’s easy to be a multi billionaire!!”...

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah also means you’re pretty damn talented.

once the chiefs abandoned the running game in the 2nd half, their makeshift OL didn’t have a chance.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

score, clock, and matchup really dictated that shift though, and played right into the Bucs hands.

they brought the #1 run defense into that game, and the ideal scenario was to get a 2-3 possession lead and unleash the hounds. Once those DEs didn’t have to play the run, it was almost comical.

the one play that could have turned it, and Brady didn’t get enough credit, was his ability to dive on that errant high snap and save a field goal attempt to push it to a 22-pt lead. Had he not recovered that, it’s likely a scoop and score that cuts the lead to 12 with 3:30 to go in the 3rd quarter. Chiefs could have rolled back into their standard offense from there, but wasn’t to be.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

chief’s actually ran the ball well in the first half but totally abandoned it after penalties lead to the bucs scoring before halftime.

I think Andy’s boy being in that car wreck really had them off coaching wise. They didn’t do much to give their OL help.

give the bucs credit though they capped the deep ball just giving them the short crossing routes underneath and came up and physically made them pay for catching them.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

JH gonna call the defensive plays too?

18. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

19. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

I believe Hyams means Blake Baker, not Brian Baker.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s so great

Volsdude likes this.