VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

hmm, depends how broadly we are willing to define "read."

OneForVol likes this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Him missing a wide open Wood-Anderson against Florida was an amazing kind of terrible I almost couldn't fathom. I mean, a lot of times fans bluster "Hell, I could've made that throw.." and they probably couldn't under the circumstances. I have zero doubt I could've completed that pass. Zero.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That kind of stuff ended games immediately. Like, you could feel it. The players were done.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is what people tend to skip. You have many teenagers out there not used to battling too many obstacles in their careers and it greatly affects the play of others when your leader on the field is the biggest momentum killer in sports history. OL body language on the fla pass, lbs body language when JG takes a sack ending the half instead of throwing a 40 yards to the end zone, the auburn passes, the ky passes, the bama sneak, the byu misses...on and on

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just can't imagine having an issue with players being able to monetize their image and likeness rights.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have entertained the thought in the original post before. It's something that, if ever a concern, will go from 0 to figured out at a blazing speed, except with the Vols who will take a few seasons trying something proven wrong, hire an expert (former player or coach), consulting firm, or similar and eventually come up with the same solution as everyone else.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

to me, it is a matter of principle and if it blows up the whole thing, it just means the whole thing needed to die and be built from scratch again. the ncaa should not be dictating how these men and women can earn money, beyond athletic competition. imo.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His premise is a stupid take. Like saying the $610,000 Offensive Lineman will take a play off to allows the QB getting paid tens of millions to be destroyed.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be like saying what happens when someone in a 1994 Ford Ranger sees another person driving a 2015 F 150 and t-bones it out of spite. Normal, healthy people don't act like that. Very very few people do, and they invariably are or become criminals.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Who is buying that thread about how many fans attended UT? Currently over 45% either graduated from UTK or went for sometime and didn’t graduate.

Then another 11% went to a non-Knoxville UT school.

I’m not even buying over 50% went to any college.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They used to let anyone in and attending classes is completely different from graduating.

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

there a lot of people who go for a bit but don't finish or transfer. Look at the 2020 roster. probably 45% of them have graduated or transferred

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can see it. I went to lots of schools - UT, ETSU, Pellissippi - and finally was able to convince one to let me have a degree when I left - Tusculum.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

Every time I visit Neyland Stadium and just look around it makes me think maybe 1 in 10 adults might have attended UT. And probably 5 of 10 would be lucky to have finished high school. Maybe the VN demographic is different than your average TN fan in Neyland, but I always thought they were one in the same.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe you are underestimating people.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. KyleAlexanderfan

29% of Tennesseeans have a bachelor’s degree or higher. I guess VN is just more educated.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Avg ACT now of 27 wouldve kept me out. That and kids graduating with a 4.8 from HS. My first son needed special help so UT was out. 2nd son doesn't like sports or frats, which believe it or not are reasons why many kids around here go to UT, to go with their parents going there and to get away from home. Hes going to Nooga which I hope is a good fit for him.
    I thought I would be the parent really wanting them to go to UT but when the time came, I really didn't care. 3rd one wants to go to UT and play lacrosse, which would be cool, but after seeing the talent I have seen around the country this month, he better make other plans as well.