How long does it take to recover?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Feb 26, 2021.

?

How long does it take to become relevant?

1. 3 years or less

16.7%
  2. 4 to 6 years

19.4%
  3. 7 to 10 years

8.3%
  4. 11 or more years

5.6%
  5. LOL, yeah right, we're the new Ole Miss

50.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Given the last 10 years, essentially giving ourselves the death penalty, etc., does Tennessee football become relevant again any time soon?

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'd say the boosters start dying off in about 8-10 years so then

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This is a pretty negative thread. I hope 1 year. DW is a jerk but will earn his wings with ncaa. The punishment won’t be anything more than he sells. We are interesting immediately in 2021. This will go better than the odds say

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. juicemane

juicemane Member

No matter how bad it gets, I will always believe Tennessee is a powder keg. With the right leadership it explodes.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really don't know. other than if it isnt in 4 years, it will be with someone else

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think some folks were right, it's time for Tennessee to really start focusing on academics...

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One winning season

PilotFlyingJ and TDVol1989 like this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

One 9 win season will have me thinking that UT is on the road to being a contender again.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not in our lifetimes.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Screw you, dude. I lost 3 pounds last month. I’m living forever.*

*....or.....is that your point?

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Boooo

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The clearest indicator to me are wins against teams we aren’t supposed to beat. When I see that, I’ll be thinking heupel hype.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Pruitt was the first coach in the new millennium to beat Auburn, and he also beat a top 15 Kentucky in 2018. Wins against teams "we aren't supposed to beat" is a vague standard. Say he beats Ole Miss and Ole Miss ends up 7-6 with a bowl loss. Is that a team we weren't supposed to beat? What if he beats Florida at Florida but loses to SC, Mizzou, and Ole Miss among GA and Alabama? That's 3-5 in conference with a road win at Florida for the first time in 18 years. Would that be good enough? especially if you follow it up going 0-fer in October?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to see huepel identify a few vegetables before I get too invested.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Start winning above our recruiting rankings. Then I'll know real player development and game management is happening. Better players will follow. Then we'll be back or set up for someone else to get us over the hump. To get out of this rut the staff is going to have to do more with less.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll say it again. Just want to not be embarrassing for a while

ptclaus98 and Memtownvol like this.
  17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

You make good points I guess, I was thinking more in terms of beating bama as well as florida and georgia. Of course consistency putting together strings of wins is better. But if we can beat a bama, florida or georgia it’s enough for me in the moment to have hope, hope for a future of not being laughed at.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee coaches should be judged by UF, UGA and Alabama. I don't know what kind of sanctions are headed this way, I honestly don't expect much, but Heupel needs to not lose to South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Missouri.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Also our only win post-Fulmer against a team that finished in the top five is owned by one Lyle Jones

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]