The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don’t for the life of me understand why, after 15 years, people still won’t accept this. Fulmer has been a leech for well over 20 years and the NC in ‘98 does nothing for me now. THE reason we’re debating who was the worst out of the last 3 coaches is because of Fulmer.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Aside from all that, he did a shitty job as AD. I don’t blame him so much for hiring Pruitt. But he didn’t shepherd the guy at all and was basically just taking a victory lap. Then he gave him a raise and extension (which wasn’t deserved) in the face of a gat-danged pandemic. If he had no history at UT at all his performance as AD was fire-worthy

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

By hiring Pruitt. Pruitt’s football iq is much lower than posters here think. I stand by it. Pruitt is worse than ddiapos and Butch

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

yeah that’s not true at all

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I think Pruitt actually has value as a defensive coach on a staff.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Break it down. Look at the records. And consider the violations. We can disagree and that’s fine. Debating degrees of sucktitude is useless.

7. HCKevinSteele

People don’t generally lump every aspect of being a coach into “football IQ”. Pruitt’s record as a DC speaks for itself, he’s a damn good defensive coach. He’s also a shitapple redneck that tanked because he’s an idiot. The story is more complicated than you’re trying to make it.

A-Smith and SetVol13 like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It's a fair argument to say Pruitt was a good DC with nfl players playing against inferior competition 80% of his games. Some of his zone blitzes, timing, inability of the team to swarm and tackle, inability of DL to disrupt and penetrate the Los, inability look decent at lb and safety and lack of fundamental teaching to allow repeated slants and basically any passes between the hashes dont show him to be great defensively, without the best players in college ball. Teams simply lined up a slot on bad alignment, ran crossing routes or slants and lit him up. UF ran 4 plays and we never changed alignment on them

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

can't wait until folks start calling Heupel the worst ever.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unless he decides to head to Tuscaloosa to help Alabama win a national championship, after being hired as the head coach at Tennessee, then that title will always be unattainable for him.

thagodfather likes this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

I hear you but I think you’re misdiagnosing his problem a little bit.

I agree that he wasn’t prepared for a scenario where he didn’t have a talent advantage. But some of what you described isn’t a product of that. He was just awful at all of the things a head coach has to do. He was too dumb to hire coaches he trusts and/or too dumb to trust anyone so he thought he could be a head coach and still teach the way he did as a DC. That’s how a game like Georgia State happens.

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

How much did he really “help” to be fair

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Based on the posts in this thread, it's coming. The question is when, not if.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think he’s talking about Pruitt going back to DC the title game, not Butch interning for 3 years.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ve been amusing myself this morning imagining Pruitt as the new Jeopardy host

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jesus this made me laugh harder than it should.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

New category: vegetables.

<picture of asparagus>
    "What is asparagus?"
    "Hell if I know."

Savage Orange and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

New category: Scandals

<Picture of McDonald’s bag>
    “What is this?”
    (Extended silence, with an exasperated look and a head tilt)
    “The reason I’m now hosting Jeopardy!, instead of coaching football”...

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just keeping this puppy warmed up.

A-Smith, Daddy Gee and utvol0427 like this.
  20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I love the over reaction. We've play 2 quarters...