POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What am I missing, because that says no person can give water. It doesn't seem to make an exception for anyone.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

By the way; how do Georgia election laws compare to Delaware, New York, etc. I have heard but not researched that they are more restrictive.If so; where is the outrage.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they aren't "finding the votes."

6. fl0at_

Georgia talking about leaving the Union would get more heavily scrutinized than New York talking about leaving the Union, because Georgia has done it before.

Same thing with voter suppression. History says Georgia has to be judged more harshly.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Voter registration should be automatic and voting should be painfully easy for the voter. I don’t care where you live, be it red state or blue.

SetVol13, IP, VolDad and 1 other person like this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Agreed; there should be no remedy to replace temporarily replace incompetent election officials.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

On the last point I agree. Unattended is allowed. But when you read this Bill the word nor is important. The no person shall any person give, offer to give, etc is separate from the discussion of restrictions on campaign representatives. This is further reinforced by the fact that the no person in the sentence about setting up tables is clarified to exempt election officials.

Thai law makes it a misdemeanor for me to offer you a nutrition bar if you are standing behind me in line and get hungry. If that wasn’t the intent then it’s just a poorly written section.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Not what I said. I want to know *exactly* what constitutes an incompetent election official, and I want a bipartisan commission that votes on what is and isn’t incompetent

11. TennTradition

It is concerning because of what we all saw state houses going off the rails with in November. It was checks and balances of local elections officials that actually allowed for certification to move forward. What do you think state houses with the authority to replace officials at any time would have done in November? Does this bill allow them to replace officials during the count?

12. TennTradition

Im sure Gabriel is a good dude and all but he don’t know me, man. I pulled up the Bill and read it so I could understand what was being misconstrued. I came away with the opinion that as written the bill does actually restrict anyone from handing out food or water.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also “underperforming” is the word that’s being thrown around, and that’s completely different from “incompetent”

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not going to defend Georgia election law changes. The timing alone does not pass the smell test. My point is what Gabriel said:

During an interview with the “Fox News Rundown” podcast released on Thursday, Gabriel Sterling, the Chief Operating Officer for the Georgia Secretary of State’s office criticized many in the mainstream media, “who criticized and examined every claim of President Trump, takes similar claims from this president and Stacey Abrams and accepts it at face value.”

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

60 Minutes really screwed up, it's going to be what wins DeSantis the Republican nomination in a few years

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Has anyone asked them if they want the vaccine?

zehr27 likes this.
  17. fl0at_

Without specifics that statement is worthless. It's just rabble rousing. If there is a legitimate complaint, what are the exact specifics?

18. TennTradition

I’ve seen polling. Black preference for vaccination has moved a lot since last November. It lags whote democrats but is better than white republicans.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is his opinion based upon his observations and one many people agree with based upon their own observations. No specifics are needed.

Indy likes this.
  20. fl0at_

Specifics are absolutely needed.

The "many people agree" "just my opinion" stuff is garbage.

Quantify it and specify it.