SEC Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Mar 29, 2021.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or the "I gotta cheer for the SEC" in any non-conference game. [uck fay] those people and [uck fay] the other 13 schools in the SEC.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Which, ironically, was started by Arkansas after they knocked off Texas in one of their last games in the old SWC.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I give my mother hell about that.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t see the harm in some pride in your conference. I think it’s awesome having the level of competition so high here and watching the teams that get to walk to the playoffs every year like Ohio State and Clemsons get their asses waxed. I don’t necessarily root for the other SEC teams, and I definitely don’t count any SEC nattys as any kind of personal victory, but the football here is different, and I do appreciate that.

I just get sick of the hype those other teams get all year for beating Notre Dame and Wisconsin and love when they get punched in the mouth. That’s probably what I’m really getting at here.

Volokie and TDVol1989 like this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, lol @ Clemson and Ohio State. I'd much rather be Tennessee in the powerful SEC.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I know you’re kidding, but I 100% would. Football isn’t the same in those conferences. Loses its flavor to me.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Go Vols and [uck fay] the rest of the SEC and Missouri, Arkansas, TA&M and South Carolina.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And just for good measure, the rest of the NCAA as well as the NCAA itself.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I enjoy laughing at perennially over hyped teams getting their asses kicked by whatever SEC team they play, from Ohio State in the Citrus Bowl back in the day to Notre Dame in the national championship game.

There isn't much difference to me between 7-5 and getting one broke off in you in a playoff game.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Relative unknown Bill Duff stuffing Heisman trophy winner Eddie George at the goal line was one of the all time high moments for me as a fan. Even now, any time I run into an OSU fan running his pecker holster about how great the Bucks are, I dial up the YouTube video for them to see.

CitrusCo.Vol, Memtownvol, IP and 2 others like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've mentioned it to Eddie George on Twitter more than once

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

hehe, pecker holster.

Volsdude and Savage Orange like this.
  13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

i do. I believe the best sports are in the sec. and while it has no relevance in recent football I wanted to knock off everyone when they were highly rated and had hope of a special season. And it won’t happen but I would get great satisfaction from being the team that beat Bama after a ton of consecutive wins and retiring Saban.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Actually I would. I am a Vol. Sounds a little Bassman with that OSU love

Volsdude and Savage Orange like this.
  15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

wow.

16. CardinalVol

Groves and I have had some fun with Eddie on the Twitter machine.

Volokie and justingroves like this.
  17. CardinalVol

Pitt's gonna be a nooner on ESPN.

Gonna be hot.

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

69 days until it’s football time in Tennessee.

Volsdude likes this.
  19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Just heard last night that Missouri is heading back to the big 12….confirm this is true? Anyone?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Quick google-fu usage, and it is just their wrestling team.