POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Specific violent action as defined by you because of the context in which it was said.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol probably not.

Again, I don't think Waters should be held accountable for incitement. I just think there's a better case for holding her accountable than there was for Trump, so I'm baffled (not really, for obvious reasons) that the people who were so sure Trump deserved to be charged with incitement aren't calling for similar action against Waters here.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He, specifically, wanted to overturn an election, the means was not specified, nor did I say it was specified. He didn't particularly care about the means as long as it got the result. "Born of straight hate" is an irrelevant consideration and some silly obfuscation of the discussion.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

FFS, it’s why I made the Autozone crack. Because that actually is a specific violent action regardless of context

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know that there hasn't even been a verdict yet, right? There's nothing to even claim she incited yet.

6. Unimane

Because you, as I noted you would, have meandered yourself into some absurdist logic where you worked your way back from the desired conclusion of Waters being more culpable. This through the idea where context is largely irrelevant and a strained parsing of the words "confrontation vs. fight". It's almost as if it is a sport for you to come up with something so illogical and ridiculous, then construct a pathway to make it fit.

In this alternate reality, Waters saying "confrontation" about a situation not of her doing and towards a crowd not of her making which hasn't done anything yet is more culpable than Trump saying "fight" in a situation of his doing and towards a crowd of his making which went straight from his speech to violently attempt to overthrow an election, specifically citing his words while doing so. It boggles the mind.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No it's not. You hate him, which is a fact, and asserted he wanted violence, which is absurd and saved for those who hate him so much they can't see straight

8. Unimane

No, it doesn't mean shit. It means you don't want to discuss the issues in a pertinent manner. Either my point is correct or it is not. In fact, even if I do dislike him, I could still be right, making my personal opinion of the guy irrelevant. That isn't the case when examining my point on its merits, which is why it is the only question. It makes this "you just hate him" concept complete nonsense.

And, yes, he did spend months and months arguing something other than being peaceful. That leaves a lot of potential opportunities for something other than saying he wanted, specifically, armed insurrection. However, it was abundantly clear he was untroubled by any method which would retain his power and wasn't above advocating physical responses as problem solvers to situations during his presidency and campaign.

Perhaps you just can't see straight with your dislike of me and my politics, as well as your natural reflexive defense of Trump, to make a sound judgment on the matter, though. Hmm?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Circular logic.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think it’s absurd to assume he gave a shit whether there was violence or no violence provided that the outcome was “Donald Trump gets what’s best for Donald Trump.”

11. Ssmiff

Omg uni I disagree with you and made my point, twice. Deal with it. Your tennyesque defensive and attacking responses prove it even more

12. Ssmiff

Fine. And I dont think he thought that far ahead or wanted the capital to be stormed and breached.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not going to debate whether or not he wanted it, because I think it’s irrelevant precisely because he doesn’t think that far ahead. He’s both amazingly selfish and amazingly short-sighted, and it bit him in the ass.

Unfortunately, I am way too cynical to believe that the electorate is any less short-sighted so he’ll have a puncher’s chance if he wants to run again

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's not how demonstrations work, though. If you want to look at it from a cost perspective, 2,000 people yelling at each other are probably blocking a road. Enough people blocking roads, and now you have to add in traffic cops. Add in that and now you've got detours, excess gas use, shipping delays. And as the yelling confrontations increase, as the number of people that have to go out of their way to avoid it, or have to be a part of it (like law enforcement, EMS, and the like) the cost continues to go up, until there is a point at which it costs more than a single building burnt.

15. fl0at_

Trump wasn't charged with incitement. He was impeached. That's a political thing, that is more public opinion than anything else. I don't know that there is an impeachment process for Waters. She could probably be censured. And she very well might deserve it.

16. Unimane

No, it doesn't. I've made the point, twice myself, about him looking to push his supporters to overturn the election by, essentially, any means necessary. You've somehow got that we are arguing he specifically called on people to attack the capitol and, absent this specific directive, our accusation is moot and only based on "hate". There's nothing defensive in my arguments, only a notation you won't argue the issue in a pertinent manner, meaning you've solely defined his culpability as being him specifically directing them to do exactly what they did. That is not the argument.

17. fl0at_

Ok. I don't find it generally relevant. So I'm not sure how it can be specifically relevant.

There are a lot of things that I don't want to happen, that if did happen, I'd be held accountable for them. Be not wanting them to happen doesn't have any bearing on it, though.

18. Ssmiff

Goodness I hope not. He brings out the worst in both sides

19. Unimane

Just a quick sidebar, does anyone even think Waters or Trump are anything but assholes who shouldn't be in government?

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm just trying to imagine how sad of an existence someone must have to be getting their marching orders from either Maxine or Donald.

SetVol13, droski and zehr27 like this.