Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Briefly looking over highlights, it doesn’t look like Michigan ever asked him to do very much. Lots of dump offs, quick slants, designed runs. Hopefully our system fits him better, but he doesn’t look like he adds a whole lot.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've been intentionally avoiding paying attention to Vols football news for the past however many months.

I thought Bailey showed some flashes last season. Does he not fit the new coach's system, or is he just not any good?

And I thought Salter was supposed to be a stud. I had read something about a suspension of some sort. Is he good but can't stay out of trouble? Or is he just not good, so we don't bother sweeping the trouble under the rug for him?

Also, more generally, why do we seem to be the only program on earth that can't find and groom a top tier QB anymore? We seem to bring in prospects galore, and they all seem to fail miserably here, with some going on to find success with other programs. Why does that keep happening?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Bailey is going to be #2 behind Hooker, who transferred in right before Pruitt was fired.

Salter stole some weed and is suspended for now.

Hopefully Heupel fixes the qb issues

Indy likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Confiscating illegal drugs shows leadership. I say praise his initiative and move on.

5. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Leadership Reps

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep and he needed to consume it to make sure it didn’t fall into the hands of (another?) minor.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not impressed with Bailey’s arm or release. Maurer has everything we need but he’s a head case.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He tweeted or IGd something about loyalty 2 hours ago. And I agree. Want to like Bailey but it takes him some time to wind up and get rid off the ball

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wish Maurer wasn't a basket case turnover machine

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What? You mean NuKeese Richardson isn't selling us down there?

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

On a serious note, maybe he convinces Jordan Anthony to come with him.

Or Charles Thomas.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Agreed except for the "borderline" part

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

It isn’t a good sign when you hit the portal before spring is n the books. Credit JH for the gutsy move. Says a ton about the state of playing QB in the SEC. The days of comfortably taking time to develop are gone.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is in. Likely making a position change.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Interesting. Didn't play lb by chance did he? 6'5 230..

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Most of the major schools that had interest in him wanted him to try a new position. I'm guessing TE but he is big enough to give LB a shot. He will get a chance at QB but I think it will be short lived.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s better than the last guy, who somehow looked around the QB room and thought, “this is fine!”

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The thing is... if he’d have hitched his wagon to ANY of the other choices than JG, it would have been a better season.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

But worse practices apparently. Priorities man!

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My favorite thing from the Pruitt era was when he said the qbs as a group had their best practice of the season on a day JG didn’t practice