Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Re: XMen, is it also possible that something they did while they were in the past (like when they stole the Pym particles) could have set off a chain reaction that resulted in dormant mutations manifesting themselves into superpowers and we simply don’t know it yet?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I was thinking something like that with mutants. Or triggered by the snap or something

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Can't get excited about a F4 movie.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I love the FF, but just not sure they are hip enough for people now. Hell, they were not hip enough in the late 70s once the X-men came on the scene, not until Byrne took over with issue 232.

And the movies so far have sucked.

Hopefully they can pull it off, though

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Marvel hasn't disappointed yet. They actually take pride in making good stories and fitting them all together.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think the more recent F4 books (anything since late 2000s when Hickman had his run) have changed a lot of folks’ perception. Casting is going to be super important though.

7. NorrisAlan

I haven't read any comics since 1994 or so. The industry just changed so much and went to pot (almost going under), and I haven't gone back.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If you have a good tablet and ever feel like checking it out, I’ve told everyone that will listen that Marvel Unlimited is one of the best values out there as far as subscription services

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Black Panther's first comic appearance was in the Fantastic Four

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's amazing

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’d love to see Silver Surfer get better treatment too. That would almost certainly lead to Galactus who I think Feige would pull off infinitely better

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There you have it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Fantastic Four's fourth appearance being in Black Panther is too snappy to not be what they do.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Galactus is an easy next super threat after Wanda. Infinity Stones giving off huge power surges, Galactus needs to eat, snaps get his attention...it's easy to tie together

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And I'm assuming mutants come about via the snaps too.

The only thing I wish they could have squeezed in was a pre adamantium Wolverine meeting Captain America during World War II

16. NorrisAlan

I always loved that Stan Lee and Kirby never portrayed Galactus as a bad guy, not in the sense that Dr. Doom or Thanos are bad guys.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's just an alien guy that's hungry

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dr Doom definitely needs a fair shake, he's an awesome villain that got hosed by by whoever made fantastic four movies

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

He is the third part of the Universal triad, Eternity-Death-Galactus. John Byrne really finished up this thought line, and it was fantastic.

Galactus is a needed part of Universal evolution, he keeps the universe growing. Earth passed the test.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Byrne created the Eternals, which is on the slate of upcoming movies