Post Spring Practice Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Counterpoint: 2012 defense is still (all)defeated

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Are you still in Germany?

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep, got another year or there about unless my boss and/or his boss move on.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think it might take him a couple of years to tank it

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll fail quickly in spectacular fashion

VolDad and IP like this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

What evidence do we have to suggest that will happen? Certainly not his time at Tennessee. It takes a while for that rot from being a lying, crayon eating con artist to really set in. Particularly for a program with plenty of inertia

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won one SEC game without Josh Dobbs.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Define tank. I don't think they are going to have a winning season under him ever. Do you?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Better question is whether his boss gets a coach zero.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The AD that hired Butch at Arkansas State left a week later for UCF, too. He's not going to get much of a leash

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s like farting silently in a crowded elevator right before getting out, snickering to yourself as the doors close behind you knowing the suffering you’ve inflicted on everyone left in there...

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a disturbing Kevin Bacon relationship between the UCF administration, hiring AD's, and hiring Butch Jones I didn't want.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bro, that's a loose stool sliding out of your pant leg as you shake it, splattering folks as you step off. Nothing silent about it. It's right there. Failure of a turd.

Savage Orange likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

Ok so to be honest I was coming from the perspective that they've basically been an 8+ win team for the past decade. I checked their schedule and didn't realize the extent to which this year's schedule is harder than their average schedule over all those years. I see 8 potential/likely losses on their schedule.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

As long as we have the free market transfer rules, every season is Year 3.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

And unless he has picked up a lot of new tricks or stole a new playbook, he will not x's and o's his way anywhere. And he doesn't have a bunch of legacy phenoms ready to come to campus at Arkansas State. He's [uck fay]ed. They're [uck fay]ed. Red Wolves remain at the edge of extinction. Should turn him in to the FWS.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

That sounds logical and well thought out, it’s likely the outcome. Of course the fickle finger of fate could intervene for the reason no one likes him, no one wants to see him succeed, a team of nobody’s with a coach who has nothing up his sleeve that hasn’t been already seen. He might go 9-10 wins just to baffle the brain trust and piss off his haters.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

This is exactly what I was thinking if only to serve as yet another reason to piss us Big Orange faithful off. It only seems fitting for the POS that is Butch Jones to have an incredible first season at Arkansas State so all of the talking head can shit on Tennessee once more about how we should have just given him time to turn it around. After all, he did have that 9 win season. If we had only listened when he tried to educate us on his Infallible system we would be competing with the heavyweights of the SEC.

Volokie likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is pure hope, but I do hope the folks that matter see what happens when a good product takes the field. This fanbase is ready to explode.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm ready to be an unbearable cocky bastard.