2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Vols pulling an LSU

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ass whipping

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At least I can watch the Braves who are *checks notes* down 9-1.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They don't look like a team ready for this stage. Seem primed for a short trip to Nebraska.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Can we get, at least, one [uck fay]ing out?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No more playing as favorites. Win or go home every single game now. Hope that knocks some of the arrogance down, they just got their asses kicked

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UVA - aggressive. UT - deer in headlights

8. Ssmiff

Wouldn't have minded seeing us bring a lefty in. This kid throws similar to what they've seen all day, except not as much speed or variety of pitches

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The fact that we are even here makes me happy. Hopefully we can turn it around and go on another run.

Volsdude likes this.
  10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Sames. Their ace had a great game, and we just couldn’t bring anyone home. Swung at plenty we shouldn’t have, but it just wasn’t our day. Hope we get to see them again.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We will definitely see them again if we survive tomorrow.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's not that hot out there, I think they'll survive. Interested in the game Tuesday, though.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This game will humble you fast. We picked a bad day to have an awful approach at the plate and not get a timely hit.

This team does play better when their backs are against a wall. And we are firmly there.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get the sense that many fans have forgotten that Tennessee wasn't on the radar for the college world series when the season started.

NYY and zehr27 like this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not a fun day to have to go up against Texas of all teams.

NYY likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, if we win it will be a fun day. It is within the team's power to do so.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Going up against the worst team left in the field didn’t work, so maybe we’ll have better luck against the best team left in the field. Reverse psychology or something.

18. Ssmiff

Meh.. Nobody really been playing better than UVA recently and if you have a pitcher who is dealing and making batters guess, it means a lot.
    We looked tight yesterday. Body language sucked early and it appeared we were trying to take a strike before swinging the bat. Doesnt seem like that's how we played all year, so I'm not sure why we changed it up, other than nerves and overthinking

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UVA played great and their dude threw a helluva game. It's baseball, and that's why I hate it.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

baseball is a seasonal/series sport, not a single game sport.