2021 College World Series Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Jun 15, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have the batters chased high fastballs out of the zone all year or is this new to the CWS?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And they watch perfect strikes.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stage and field appear to be both too big. Set records for dingers and haven't come close to hitting one out thru 15 innings

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pav’s throws to second just haven’t been the same since his hand injury vs. Vandy.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Melting down again

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Been that kind of week. We load the bases with nobody out and get nothing and every opposing base runner is a run

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We are about to be on a 5 game losing streak in Omaha. This place is a nightmare for us.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We are not a super talented team. We got here with grit and that doesn't seem to be enough right now.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Amazing if we walk out of here with 0 homers. Nothing has even come close so it’s nothing to do with field size.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This team peaked and blew their load all over Paul's face in the Super Regionals. Nothing left in the tank by the time they got to Omaha.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, definitely safe...

Attached Files:

12. Tar Volon

Our hard-hit balls are flies to center. Theirs are bloops that bounce in front of the center fielder.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s alright y’all, there’s always football season

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You trying to make things worse?

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We are posting on a Vols message board in 2021, how could I possibly make things worse?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I really don't think I've ever seen a team take so many fastballs over the plate. Not even swinging

sbradle4 likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

In Lindsey-Nelson, that’s 8-7 in the ninth with those warning track fly outs. Bleh

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Told y'all

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yep gotta be able to hit for average to win in Omaha. We had too many guys who had 15 homers but only a .240 average

20. Tar Volon

After going 19-6 on the road, I admit I was a little more optimistic about us playing outside of Knoxville’s homer heaven.