Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

like every tournament they participate in.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Frank de Boer is so terrible. How does he still get work as a manager?

3. Johnny Utah

Though neither have looked that great, the winner of the Germany/England match on Tuesday has to feel pretty good about their chances of making the final.

4. Johnny Utah

Holy shit what a goal

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I so hate to see a Juventus player do something stupid to probably cost his team the match

6. JohnnyQuickkick

That shot was moving all over the place

7. JohnnyQuickkick

8. Johnny Utah

Earlier this month at a press conference following a 2-2 draw with Scotland, he criticized Queensy Menig for his positioning on a Scotland goal, only to be told that Menig was not even in the squad. Should have been fired on the spot.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Goal of the tournament

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

yeesh

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I almost scored an own goal in similar fashion, but our goalie was alert. dont want to have that kind of zip when passing between the posts

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wow.

chavisut likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hooked!

Unimane likes this.
  14. chavisut

Watching some EPL and actually recognizing some players have made more enjoyable. Now I’m super pumped for upcoming World Cup.

Between Euro and Copa I’ve watched more soccer in last few weeks than I did first 34 years of my life combined.

lylsmorr and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Kinda how it went for me, just at 25. Now try to go watch a high level match in person, hopefully another one in Nashville soon. Hell, even MLS. It’ll give you even more appreciation

chavisut likes this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Chavis and I had a good interaction on this topic. I hope I was able to dissuade him from picking up one of the Evil Empire type clubs to follow, no Real Madrid or Bayern!

I discovered a passing interest in soccer with the '94 World Cup, would always tune into the WC, and got more serious about 15 or so years ago. I found the two biggest things which were able to get me hooked were finding a rooting interest and learning more of the strategy. Learning the history and cultural aspects is probably up there, too, for me. Maybe my favorite sports memory was riding around in my brother-in-law's motor car in the streets of Iquitos, Peru after the Peruvians beat Brazil in the 2016 Copa.

I'm glad to see the sport taking off in this country and the "commie kickball" fogies are being pushed to the wayside.

chavisut likes this.
  17. chavisut

Haha I could never root for such a club. There is no professional team I hate more than the Yankees and I’m not even a big baseball fan.

Man City does have a beautiful kit though.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you decide you haven’t have enough stupidity with one of your teams and want to root for the English version of Tennessee football, then Arsenal is the club for you.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lived an hour a half from the Bayern stadium for about 7 years. Was involved in the local small town (Hohenfels) Bayern fan club. We would take several bus trips each season to watch a game. Been a tie Bayern hard fan since 1997.

I get the hate but am tied to them thru family, friends and many many beers.

lylsmorr, Unimane and chavisut like this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a beautiful game to watch at the high levels. These dudes are doing things with their feet that much of the population can't do with their hands.

hohenfelsvol likes this.