Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn’t realize he went 3-7 last year. Thought it was better than that tbh

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Saban came here in 2006 instead of going to Bama, he would have been coaching South Wichita State by 2011.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Auburn apparently knows how to fire a shitty coach. They can have Burns back.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, he would have went to Alabama in 09, getting Tennessee to the seccg but losing

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Just took at the Saturday slate. Pump BC beating Clemson to drop them to 2-3 into my veins.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You can get 50 yard line seats at Vandy for their upcoming exciting matchup with UConn for a dollar.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Talk about gouging the fan.

InVolNerable and VolDad like this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So you're saying they're overpriced.

VolDad likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Similar minds....

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I semi-seriously think they ought to consider paying people to go to games this year

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It's Nashville, they should throw in some free BBQ or something.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I feel like he's the only one from the list of "great" hires that we passed on where we legitimately missed. Obviously anyone would have done a better job than Pruitt & the West Texas Rednecks but I don't blame the fat goofball for passing on Leach and Doeren.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t think Doeren would’ve been a disaster. He has NC State ranked. But he would’ve just been a high floor, low ceiling hire. Probably a string of 7-9 win seasons, nothing more or less

Leach would’ve been an unmitigated dumpster fire though. You just can’t win in this league with an offense that doesn’t even attempt to run the ball.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll say, when Currie was making his worldwide off the grid tour I’d have taken Leach, because at least he was a known quantity. But never in a million years would I have him anywhere close to my first choice like so many vol Twitter morons

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

@Tenacious D was a huge Leach guy at one time

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We would have set records for weekly ass whippings received in 2018 and then followed it up with every 2-star QB in California accounting for the majority of the '19 class.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bought Vanderbilt season tickets twice when I was in high school, both times Tennessee came to Nashville. I made money selling to opposing sec fans. All together they were like 595 bucks each season for a pair

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Vuck Fandy

19. Ssmiff

Shit ass gym cost me a state title in mid 80s. Melrose 7'0 and 7'2 "Twin Towers" had no bearing.
    [uck fay]ed up my depth perception

CardinalVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. Ssmiff

I mean come on. Now this game would never be played due to private vs public leagues. Let's see who is best. We tried 1/3/1 3/4 lazy press and some half court trap to slow the game down. No shot clock era. Problem was their pg Sidney Atkins was 6'6.

Attached Files: