South Carolina Game Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 3, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's awful

Poppa T likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like them. I think it looks like Oregon State, but it's not a bad alternate once a year. Do it closer to Halloween, it would be even better.

As an aside, Nike did try to make Alabama some alternates, with very light houndstooth on the numbers. Saban said nope.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I hate the black jerseys.

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I'm for whatever gets the players ready to hit, it's about them. That helmet looks sharp with the black outline....this 2 color scheme looks flat to me, add a 3rd color outlining to give some depth...make it pop.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Black jerseys alone is ugly. And since I said it, it’s fact!

however, they can wear black and gold with a big ass V for I care (Vandy style if you don’t get it) as long as they win. Wear jock straps over their pants but win.

I really hope we beat USCJr and somehow popcorn gets on the field while beating Ole Miss. jeez we gotta throw popcorn balls or offer free popcorn or fill the Ole Miss lockers with popcorn…something

We win, Heupel brings popcorn to the post game presser. Come on! Nuts in a wheelbarrow

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That would flat out be AWESOME!

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

only if we win

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

10. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's wear these all the time

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it made me want go break out the greys at half time

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

also, which color is South Carolina's traditional home color, black or garnet?

Trick question, they have no tradition. Which matches their future.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Anyone have a Tennessee injury report or know where I can find one for the game against the chickens this Sat? I've searched the ol' google and can't find one. I don't want to sift through shit over at the other place.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Love it when this image gets pulled out, making all the dummies who think UT football is confined to living memory have to own up to the fact that we've worn black, we've worn all orange, we've had a damn square on our chests, we've had stripes on pants, no stripes on pants, horizontal stripes on sleeves, LONG sleeves, long sleeves with stripes... About 130 years of tradition. We've always mixed it up a little. UT football didn't start in the 1990's. It started in the 1890's. Let's have fun and remember that orange black was the home jersey for decades before your grandpa may have been born (some Vols are pretty damn old so I have to say "may").

FBHSHm1XMAUoP-2.jpg

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Same people griping about this gimmick are the same ones that would walk around on their knees with mouth open for Pearl.

justingroves likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm calling for a return to 1914. Talk about some hurt feelings from "traditionalists".

TDVol1989, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lace up your shirts, 1892 style!

NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bring back the tan pants.

#Tannessee

IP and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They wore black during the Jim McDonald interim year of 1963. Of course McDonald was only an interim because of Wyatt going on the bender of his life at that years SEC Coaches weekend in Jacksonville where he threatened to fight everyone in attendance and eventually settled for throwing Scrappy Moore in the swimming pool.