South Carolina Game Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 3, 2021.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Interceptions on 2 point plays do not count. Everyone may get 2 free cookies anyway (which I'm all for) but they do not count. It is only a failed 2 point conversion.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm very unbothered by the 2nd half. UT could have scored at will but instead chose to eat clock by running between the tackles, mostly with RB3 Whitehead, a lot. Not a lot of bodies out there 2nd half to continue the first half game plan, and no need to being up 31 at half

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We were beaten on both lines in the second half, which concerns me a bit, but I think we were resting a lot of guys and were playing a very conservative game plan, which mitigates it to some extent. Gonna have to be a lot healthier to hang with Ole Miss though.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’d have liked to get back ups in for depth reasons but we beat an SEC team not named Vandy by 25.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UT pushed South Carolina around again on the last scoring drive when the pedal was down, and SC's defensive line and linebackers are a lot of blue chips.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think there were a lot of backups available to be honest

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. chavisut

Offensively there are. Defense not so much. Super thin with the guys already out.

9. Tar Volon

South Carolina’s front seven is better than Ole Miss’ from everything we’ve seen so far. But we’re going to have to score damn near every drive if Corral has time to sit back and throw.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I dunno. Small out. I haven't seen Calloway or Holiday lately. OL had 2 out injured.

11. chavisut

There’s a second unit OL that would have been nice to get some reps for. Plenty of WRs and TEs. Again, a small nit pick for an otherwise great day.

This offense is fun. I can’t imagine not being able to recruit to play in this.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel was trying to get the hell out and stay relatively healthy

Memtownvol, lylsmorr, IP and 2 others like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did Dayne Davis ever come back?

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't know but he always does.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's thinking big picture and long term. beating SC by 25 isn't much different than beating them by 40. We got the dominant win, best to minimize injuries and get on down the road.

Memtownvol and Ssmiff like this.
  16. Tar Volon

It made me nervous when they almost cut it to two scores, but on the other hand, both of their second-half TDs came on 4th down, so it’s not like we were giving them easy scores.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They earned everything they got, there weren't many busts

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There is a attitude that this group has instilled and it has become contagious.

Memtownvol likes this.