Bama thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 23, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. Love the effort. God, this team plays with all they have.

2. Hate the penalties.

3. I completely give up trying to understand rhyme or rhythm of targeting penalties.

4. Really wish we'd gone for it on 4th and 1 at midfield. Don't understand that thought process.

5. IMO, biggest play on that game was Hooker going tentative on the 10. Last week he runs for that no questions asked.

6. Hard to be mad at the defense but what I would give to be able to stop a running QB consistently.

7. Taylor did not have a good game.

8. The bye week is much needed at this point.

9. Just because they showed the 2001 Miami national title team on TV, how I would have loved a shot at them.

10. I don't give a damn about the state of Alabama cause I'm from Tennessee.

Poppa T, Daddy Gee, reVOLt and 4 others like this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

My biggest gripe was when we had the 3rd and inch, literally, and we didn’t go QB sneak.

Joseph Brant and CardinalVol like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bring pressure on 3rd and 15

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And got in a big hurry. Zero reason not to have a qb sneak in your playbook

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We should’ve been more aggressive on offense, because the defense running out of gas was a foregone conclusion. But my goodness were we awful in short yardage.

Take a week to heal up, and honestly I think we’re better than Kentucky. They’re solid this year, but I think they’d lose a neutral site game to any of the teams that beat us. They only teams that have been able to really wear us down have been the two with elite recruiting, and UK ain’t there.

10SEvols and A-Smith like this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We were in it until that play

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Apparently Saban doesn’t consider Tennessee a “real team”… he gave absolutely ZERO credit to the Vols. Went on about how they “shot themselves in the foot” and other such bullshit. [uck fay] that mother[uck fay]er.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s a miserable old hermit

9. chavisut

Must have been listening to the broadcast.

10. chavisut

I’m all in.

11. Ssmiff

Just like v UF, in the game, driving and huge turnover or drop ends the game for a tired group. Score instead of int and we have a nervous stadium.
    We have to fix 3rd down D
    We have to have under center short yardage options with athletic qb.
    We have to stop letting qbs run all over us
    We have to stop giving 80-100 plays to the other team.
    Otherwise, we balled out for most of the game while getting [uck fay]ed by the refs a few times. Call a couple of those holds on 3rd downs and get 2-3 more 3rd down stops and we could have very well had the lead going into the 4th. 4 losses to Pitt, UF, Bama and Ole miss and we were right there going into 4th in all of them, versus leaving at halftime again.
    Bama did not look that much better than us last night and we were patched together all over the field. [uck fay] them. [uck fay] Saban. [uck fay] Sankey. [uck fay] kesling.

Savage Orange likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Hard for me to say Bama didn’t look much better given how badly they destroyed us on the lines. But at the skill positions? We matched them play for play and honesty might’ve even had the better of it. Just the lines were killing us.

In the first half, our median 3rd down was 3rd and 2, and we went 2/7. Just had no push up front.

Alabama’s median 3rd down in the first half was 3rd and 6. They went 7/9. Just had no push up front. That’s the game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. chavisut

Need to find a starter quality OL or two in the portal.

Skill positions will be very good for us next year.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  14. Ssmiff

True on DL v OL but we are playing walkons and kids named Ollie. As far as our DL, we were held the whole damn night.
    Usually vs bama I haven't felt we could stop them or score. Last night, I felt we could do both for a change which is why I didn't feel they were that much better.

PilotFlyingJ and RevBubbaFlavel like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's time to replace McCullough in the secondary

Another young DB making special teams plays last night bodies well for the future

4th and 1, don't take a delay of game penalty, go for it. That's about the only gripe I have about the coaches

Beasley had Young two or three times and whiffed. Those were drive killers that Tennessee missed

The personal foul call on Banks was horseshit

Payton giving Alabama fans the karate kid wasn't Gaulden good but pretty funny

Saban was as pissed as I've ever seen him throughout the game. I enjoyed it.

Tennessee is depth away from really making some noise. This team is fun to watch and I'm not wondering when an idiotic coaching decision is going to make me throw something

Get healthy over the bye week and ruin another Kentucky season

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hooker may be the 3rd or 4th best qb in the SEC. Who saw that coming?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would much rather have that than a coach talking about what a great job the new guy is doing despite losing by 30.

Saban knows he's a play or two away from a really nervous stadium

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The guy dragging about 6 defenders with half a leg is one of my favorite plays of the season so far

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. If Saban is complimenting your coach you are in trouble.

20. Ssmiff

Down 7, 4th quarter, 3rd and 15 deep ball was such a dagger. They scored the next play iir.
    Such a huge play.
    Never seen a team killed so bad on 3rd down