Avoid the rush, hate Georgia NOW!!! And game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we had played that game after the bye, I think we might’ve had a chance. Then again, it’s not like the two weeks of rest seemed to help our defense much. Still, we just ran out of gas.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Lexvol likes this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I didn't hate Georgia until I moved to Atlanta and had to live around those delusional, arrogant assholes.

Savage Orange likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We absolutely brought the wood in that game. You could hear the pops and feel the hits over TV. I want to get back to that level of physicality.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I was 25 and just started UT. Late college starter. Love my welcome letter that began with “Welcome older than average student…”. I think it was UCLA at home where the turf temperature reached 120 and Smokey died of heat exhaustion. Great game tough.

Savage Orange and justingroves like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're called "nontraditional students" now, and honestly they are such a blessing in a class.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't pay Georgia much attention until the Hobbnail Boot. I didn't like them, but that game cemented my hate. My first time dealing with UGA fans in droves was 03 and that really pissed me off.

I then heard about Pollack's water chugging and virginity for years on college gameday, which made me want to see him cry in defeat. Noodle armed David Greene completing horseshit swing passes and acting like he was the greatest college qb of all time also angered me.

The first time I went to Athens was 2004, that was fun.

That bastard that broke Tuttle's ankle, Brandon Kublanow, was the UGA player on the Dobbnail Boot ticket. That always makes me smile

Lexvol and warhammer like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Me either. It was always a given that they would come in here all hopeful and happy and we would send them home with their tail between their legs.

justingroves likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ive been down there twice. Easily my most hated opposing fan base. Been to 10 SEC stadiums, Notre Dame, Cal, Pasadena, and Oregon, and nobody has been worse.

hell I’ve been to 2 Inter:Milan matches as a visiting fan and the [uck fay]ing interisti weren’t worse

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I distinctly remember my mother feeling kind of bad for them the year Mike Bobo tried to mount an upset as QB. But we were just spoiled with success then.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate everything about Athens. I was there in 04 and 06. The 06 game, with the blocked punt and comeback to score 50 on them was amazing. All those barking pieces of shit slowly walking away with time left in the 4th was great.

I haven't been to TAMU or Mizzou but I've been everywhere else in the SEC, I've been to Columbus, Ohio, Ann Arbor, Notre Dame and the only ones close to Georgia are Florida and Ohio State fans

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i had pieces of a hedge for awhile from 1992 game. Think Ga had Hastings and Hearst. Ga turned it over a bunch and Shuler had a game iir.
    my sr year at UT and we all broke some hedge off after we broke it off in them in Athens.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

UGA was barely a blip on my radar until that stupid Munson call. After hearing it replayed for, well ever, I sincerely hope they lose every single game. Also, they are historically dirty, and their fans love to point the finger at every other team as being so. F 'em.

justingroves likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You've been to all of the actual SEC, jmo.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I was at that game also…two vivid memories of that game were my mother almost died in the stands from the heat and folks mobbing the ice pallets being delivered via forklift to the concession stands…

edit, the Manning to Kent bomb was ‘96 but we were sitting in exactly the same section…

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Was that the
    Was that the game where Shuler hit Ronald Davis on a 4th and a cab ride to set up the winning FG? If so, I was there too. Also was there in ‘96 when Manning got stacked up at the line on a sneak, rolled out and hit Marcus Nash for a TD and Georgia fans started fighting with EACH OTHER in the stands… Athens is such a shithole and I’ll never, NEVER go see another game there. I’ve been to almost every venue in the league and the only places I’ve ever had any real trouble were Gainesville and Athens. Go figure.

justingroves likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I am fuzzy on the details but I did know Davis. He played at Bartlett and I saw him twice a year in hoops and every year in football as they were in our district. Great athlete. Believe he was drafted in top 3 rounds and played CB in pros. He wasn't a big dude

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I want to see someone anyone put a slobberknocker hit on Georgia qb Stetson whatevertheheckhisnameis…..that kid is as arrogant a player as I’ve ever seen including rex grossman or baker mayfield.

justingroves likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Believe it wad 4th and 18. I remember watching that one in my bedroom at home as a 12 year old. Had no business winning that game. Believe final was 34 to 31.

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We could really utilize our TE's in this game. Looking forward to see what the game plan ends up looking like.