What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Retail price + $1, Bob.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Should I go digital edition or nah? Haven't researched any of this. Are there any differences beyond one taking discs and one not?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I got digital. The last several games I bought for PS4, I downloaded. $100 cheaper. I do replay a lot of old games but most of the time they can be got cheaply. Also felt better about it when I learned that the whole game gets loaded onto your hard drive even with the disc, which basically only serves as a license.

you can’t play disc games at all with it, though, even if you own them. If it’s worth $100 for games you already have on disc I’d go that route

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was at a customer site and realized I didn't have the card I wanted to use for it. They were sold out by the time I got home 40 minutes later. Oh well.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Age of Empires IV came out yesterday? I didn't even know AoEIV was a thing.

I loved playing those games growing up. I might have to buy that.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Finished ME: Andromeda a second time and I still didn’t hate it. Idk where they go from here and I’d prefer it to be back to the Milky Way but I do kinda hate that story getting left hanging

Started Miles Morales, first honest to goodness PS5 game. Liking it too. Probably try Guardians of the Galaxy next

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Immortals Fenyx Rising was 15 bucks on Amazon so I ordered it. Someone was talking about it being good, and that seemed like a real good deal

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely worth $15. It's basically a Ubisoft version of BOTW. There's some things I wished they'd done differently, but overall it's a solid game.

emainvol likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Guardians of the Galaxy is a blast

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I saw it was praised in reviews and was kinda surprised. Those types games typically suck, imo.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anybody playing Halo?

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I just started it last night and I'm enjoying it so far.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I read reviews sometimes but I don’t really care what they say

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Halo Infinite multiplayer is okay. The weapons' balance feels off, and weapon consistency is poor. I have no idea, for example, when a fully charged plasma pistol shot is going to hit an enemy or not hit an enemy. It just seems completely random. And I think if the game kept stats (it might) on how many shots you fire from each individual gun, I think I'd probably be at 80%+ for the starting weapons. Other guns are just not abundant, and most of them aren't worth using.

Just makes for a bland, repetitive experience.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Finished it. I kept thinking it was almost over and then it kept going. I really liked it all the way

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What the [uck fay] is with these companies releasing new games that are broken or not complete and still charging full price for them? Halo Infinite is missing firefight mode, doesn't have campaign co-op, and, though they have been "announced," does not have additional multiplayer modes or a timeline for when they'll be added.

Why on earth would they release this game now, and why the [uck fay] would they charge $60 for it? I want to play the campaign but am hesitant to buy it just on principle alone. First the Cyberpunk Fiasco, and now this. It's a joke.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why I have pretty much quit gaming.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure it's on Gamepass. Just get a month of it and play the campaign.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I've enjoyed Infinite so far.

Then again, I hadn't touched Halo in about 10 years until booting the franchise up again earlier this week.